hold on love

She gripped his hand as hard as she could,screaming in pain, sweating and crying. She just wanted to make it all end.
"Kalu, you've gotta help me, please" Audrey whimpered, gripping his hand.
"I'm trying Dr. Lim, you've got to hold on a little longer, you're too late for an epidural"
"NOT FOR THE PAIN YOU FUCKING MORON, I WANT MY BABY DADDY TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF SURGERY AND GET OVER HERE AND DO HIS GODDAMN JOB"
Jarred looked at Claire who was standing in the doorway with Dr. Reznick and Shaun.

Audrey sobbed as her contraction ended, "I can't do it, I can't do it, book a c-section"
That's when Claire's phone rang, "hello?"
"Put the phone on speaker"
Once she did he spoke
"Babe, it's going to be okay I'm on my way up, just breathe, our little one is almost here, fight Audrey you've got this, you're so strong, I'm almost there I love you"
Audrey sobbed, " I love you to-OHHHH GOD"
"It's okay mi amour, I know it really hurts and everything feels crazy but just remember, it's not just you there, look around the room, all of those residents are there to hold your hand through it, I'm on my way"
That's when he hung up
/////////////////
2 minutes pass and Neil reaches the desk.
"VALENUELLA, WHERE IS SHE?" He asked, trying to get there in time.
"OH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHERE IS MY HUNK OF A BOYFRIEND"he heard from a room 5 doors away from him.
"Never mind, I found her" he smiled.
He started walking when he turned back to the nurse.
"I'm about to become a father"
She smiled and spoke, "you might wanna get in there before she rips your head off"
"Right" he laughed and ran into her room where he was met with Claire and Lea rubbing her back, he saw the love of his life sitting in the hospital bed,gripping jarred's hand. She had music playing, Audrey always played Ed sherren for the baby because she loved it, she also sang to the baby "perfect" because it was the song that was playing when she found out she was pregnant. He saw her lightly holding Shaun's hand, being careful not to hurt him.

"How's my gorgeous lover doing here?"
Audrey opened her eyes and sobbed, taking her hand away from Kalu and held her hand  out to Neil, "baby"
Neil ran over, taking her hand and kissing it,"I'm so sorry I wasn't here"
Audrey looked up at him and turned to Shaun, "Shaun, would it freak you out if I yell at him?"
Shaun smiled, "not at all Dr.Lim"

Audrey turns to Neil and glared, " you son of a bitch, IM IN LABOR BUT YOU DECIDE SURGERY WAS MORE IMPORTANT, WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF SOMETHING BAD HAD HAPPENED TO ME OR THE BABY, IF IM NOT WRONG, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO INDEED GOT ME PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU DUMBASS, SO YOU'RE THE REASON IM IN ALL THIS PAIN... SAID YOU WOULDN'T HURT ME, YOU LIED TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH I WILL MAKE YOU FEEL THE PAIN IM IN IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO"
Neil was shocked. Everyone was trying to hold on their laughter, Neil looked terrified. But he was so happy all at once.
"I don't know if I should feel terrified or happy right now"
That's when Claire looked up, "hey you guys, She's ready"
Audrey looked at Neil and smiled, "This is for real happening"
Neil smiled as he sat behind her so she was leaning against her chest, "it's happening"
Audrey pushed for 30 minutes before she was on her last one. She fell back against Neil's chest and cried, "I can't do it anymore, it hurts so much, HOW THE HELL DID LAURA DO THIS?"
That's when "perfect started playing, Audrey smiled, "perfect timing kiddo"
Audrey pushed again and before she knew it, a cry filled the room. All she remembers hearing was her baby's cries and the cheering of her co- workers in the hallway outside her room.
When Claire placed  the baby on her chest, the world stopped, it was just her and Neil and their baby. It felt like every time her and Neil kissed, everything would disappear.
"Wow, totally worth the pain"
Audrey looked up at Neil, "we've got a baby boy"