||3.

This chapter is dedicated to EYTA-J author of this amazing book; BRIDGES BURNED. So do check it out.

Enjoy,

                              • • •

                  || Eno's POV ||

I got down from my white Land Rover, before bidding my designated driver goodbye. I took in few deep breaths, as I looked at the school's large building. Students were either gisting with their friends, or trying to get into school. I sighed and hoped that they all forgot what happened yesterday.

It was Friday and I was lucky I had things just like basketball practice, to take my mind off of Alex.

I walked further into the school's building, and noticed some students looking at me with disgust. I wasn't bothered cause I knew none of them had the guts to say their nasty comments to my face.

Still, no publicity was bad publicity, right? I had learnt that from my teen Idol, 'Teen-fairy'.

"Eno," I looked ahead of me, to see Sofia and Shade walking towards me.

"Hey guys," I said to both girls, as I scanned the hallway for Osas. "Where's Osas? Isn't she in school yet? The assembly is gonna start soon."

Shade, who had her face buried in a book, raised her head a little to look at me. "No, she's in school. Seems like your coach wanted to talk to the whole team, so she's there right now."

"You've got to be kidding me," I exclaimed as I became jumpy. All Coach's unplanned meetings were always general meetings, which consist of both the girls and the boys team. As the captain of the girls team, I was supposed to be the first present there. Now I'm totally late! "I got to run guys."

"You do that," Sofia said, as she held Shade's hand. "Let's go Shade. I need to be ready, so as to conduct the assembly." That was Sofia's work. Since she was the assembly prefect, she needed to be at the assembly ground before everyone else.

I ran to the basketball court. On getting there, I noticed that my teammates were already there and they all formed a large circle around coach. I walked over to the group and dropped my backpack on the floor.

"Great, Eno decided to show up." I could sense the sarcasm lacing on Mr Solomon's tone.

"Sorry coach, I wasn't aware of the meeting." I looked ahead of me, to see Dafe looking at me with raised brows. I so much hated him, but not as much as I hated Felix.

Mr Solomon, turned to look at Osas. "I thought I told you to inform her about the meeting?"

Osas looked at me with a sly smile on her face, "Sorry coach, skipped my mind."

I looked at Osas with stunned eyes. I've known Osas almost all my life, so I knew when she was lying.

"But you're here," I blurted out. "Why didn't it skip your mind to attend the meeting?"

"Enough both of you," Mr Solomon Butt in. I was glad he did cause I was more than ready to bitch slap Osas across the face.

"Now, for why I called you guys." Mr Solomon began, then turned to face me. "Eno, you've broken the rules which says; no one from the basketball's team should be seen fighting in school's ground."

I looked at Mr Solomon with creased brows, before drifting my attention to Osas and the rest of the team present at the meeting. "I fought with no one, Mr Solomon. Where's all these coming from?"