Chapter 2

The servants all panicked at the familiar sound of the carriage arriving.

"What do we do?" Finny asked. "There's no way the young master or Sebastian would be happy to see a baby in the kitchen!"

"We gotta hide her!" Mey-Rin panicked as she ran around.

They all heard the front door open and the sounds of footsteps.

"Quick, put her in here," Bard said opening a lower cupboard. Mey-Rin quickly placed the baby down in the cupboard and closed it. They all stood in front of it just as Sebastian and Ciel appeared in the doorway.

"What did you do?" Sebastian asked in an annoyed tone.

"What? Nothing," Bard said.

"We were just having a nice break in the kitchen, yes we were," Mey-Rin said.

"Nothing wrong with good old friends sharing some hot drinks on a rainy day," Finny said.

"You all seem rather nervous," Ciel said raising a brow. "Like you're hiding something."

"H-hiding something?" Bard nervously said. "What could we possibly have to hide from you?"

"I can't help but notice that you're all standing in front of that small cupboard," Sebastian said. "I wonder why."

"Just huddling together like friends," Mey-Rin nervously replied.

"Oh?" Sebastian said. "Then you won't mind if I look inside."

"Don't!" all the servants exclaimed. Ciel and Sebastian were both shocked at the outburst, and the servants covered their mouths. Suddenly, everyone could hear a faint sound coming from the cupboard.

"Open it, Sebastian," Ciel said.

"Yes, young master," Sebastian said as he opened the cupboard. There the baby was whimpering. Sebastian raised a brow in slight confusion. Of all things for them to hide, he never would have imagined this. He reached for the baby when she suddenly erupted into a fit of wails. Ciel covered his ears in annoyance as the other servants quickly picked up the baby and tried to comfort her.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Ciel yelled over the crying.

"We're sorry, young master," Finny said getting on his knees in front of Ciel. "Someone left her at the front door, and we just couldn't leave her out in the cold."

Ciel groaned as the racket continued and the servants tried to calm the crying baby. "Should we take her to the orphanage?" Sebastian asked in whisper.

"No," Ciel said. "Not today at least. It's too late at night to go there. The weather doesn't help either."

"Very well," Sebastian said.

The crying still continued, and nothing was calming the baby. Ciel couldn't take it anymore. "Sebastian, make that brat stop crying!"

"As you wish," Sebastian said. He walked over to the servants and took the baby out of Mey-Rin's hands. The baby only cried more being in Sebastian's hold. Sebastian turned and walked to Ciel. Ciel was confused on what Sebastian was doing until the bundle was shoved into his arms.

"What are you doing?!" Ciel exclaimed in surprise.

"You're the only one who hasn't tried," Sebastian said with a smirk. "Maybe she'll listen to you."

Ciel sent a glare at Sebastian in annoyance and groaned. He uncomfortably held the baby out away from him at arms length. The baby's crying had gone down slightly after realizing someone else was in the room. She looked at Ciel in curiosity for a moment before reaching her hands out towards his face.

"She seems to like you," Sebastian said with a chuckle.

"Quiet, you," Ciel said with a scowl.

"That's no way to hold a baby," Sebastian said. "You must make it feel secure."

Ciel growled slightly and sent a look that said I hate you so much right now. He listened anyway and brought the baby to his chest and held her like he was supposed to. The servants awed a little at the scene.

"She is so not staying," Ciel said in his head.