Chapter 4

Ciel stirred slightly in his sleep when sunlight hit his eyelids. He groaned slightly at the wake up call. "Young master, it's time to get up," Sebastian said tying the curtains back into place. "I trust you slept well with your little friend."

Ciel was confused for a moment before looking down. The baby girl was still laying next to him and clinging to his nightshirt.

"You two seem rather close," Sebastian said with a smirk. "I'd almost think you'd want to keep her."

"Quiet, you," Ciel said with a snarl. "She was crying all night. This was the only way to get her to stop so I could sleep."

"Whatever you say," Sebastian said.

The baby suddenly started to wake up. She let out a small whine and a yawn as she still, clung to Ciel. She suddenly started to pull at his shirt, trying to pull it down and ng her head towards his chest.

"What are you doing?!" Ciel said in alarm.

"You know she can't answer you," Sebastian said as he prepared something on the trey he had rolled in. "She's likely hungry and was expecting some milk from you."

"Shut up!" Ciel exclaimed as his face turned red. "I'm not even a girl."

"Seems you fooled her," Sebastian said with a shrug. He turned around and held out a bottle filled with milk. "This'll do for a substitute." He shoved the bottle in Ciel's hands.

"What are you doing?" Ciel asked.

"Well, she evidently too intimidated by me to let me feed her," Sebastian said. "And you're the only other one here." Ciel groaned again as Sebastian sent him a teasing smirk.

"Fine," Ciel said placing the baby in his arms and bringing the bottle to her mouth. She grabbed hold and instantly began drinking.

"Aww," Sebastian said in a mocking tone. "Just like a mommy."

"Shut it!" Ciel said feeling more embarrassed by the second. He couldn't wait to get rid of this kid and be taken seriously again.

Once the baby finished her bottle, Sebastian placed the empty container back on the tray. He turned to face them with a small outfit in his hands.

"Where did you get that?" Ciel asked.

"Just a little something I threw together last night," Sebastian said. "I figured we could give the lady some proper clothes before sending her off."

The baby was a little fussy as Sebastian tried to change her, but he was eventually able to get her nightgown off. His eyes widened for a split second. "My, my, isn't that interesting?" Sebastian said.

"What?" Ciel asked.

"This mark on her back looks very familiar, don't you think?" Sebastian said.

Ciel was confused by what Sebastian meant until he looked at the baby's back. His eyes widened in fear. He could hear screams echoing in his head and haunting images returning to his mind. Then some of the screams were replaced with higher pitched ones. The child in the image was replaced by someone who looked even more helpless as tears escaped her eyes and a red-hot iron was placed on her back.

"Young master, are you okay?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes," Ciel said snapping out of his thoughts. "Let's just move this along. The sooner we get her to the orphanage, the better."

"As you say," Sebastian said as he dressed the baby in a simple, light blue dress.

Sebastian then went over to Ciel to dress him for the day. He slipped off Ciel's nightshirt, revealing his branded mark. The baby took notice of the mark on Ciel's back and moved towards him without him or Sebastian noticing. Ciel stiffened when he suddenly felt something touch his back where his mark was. He turned his head to see the baby placing one of her hands on his mark and staring at it. After a moment, she suddenly hugged him from that spot. Ciel was frozen.

"Are sure everything's alright?" Sebastian asked with another smirk. "You seem rather off this morning."

"Be quiet," Ciel said. "Just move this along, so we can leave."

"Yes, young master," Sebastian said as he quickly finished peeping Ciel for the day.

Ciel held the baby as Sebastian placed his hat and coat on him. He grabbed his cane and headed for the front door with Sebastian in tow.

"Young master, please wait!" Ciel heard. The servants came rushing out into the entrance hall. "Please reconsider. Can't she stay here with us?"

"I've already given my word on the matter," Ciel said. "She's going to the orphanage." He turned away from them and continued out the front door and to the carriage.

"Do watch after the place while we're gone," Sebastian said walking out and ignoring the sad looks on the servants faces.

Sebastian cracked the whip and the carriage was off, heading for the orphanage.