Chapter 8

Ciel let out a short yawn as he continued on with his piles of paperwork. Ever since Sebastian finished his little lessons, Ciel had been working on catching up with his work. Angelina was laying on Ciel's lap and leaning against his stomach. Ciel kept one arm around her while using the other to work.

"Pardon the intrusion, young master," Sebastian said entering the study.

"What is it Sebastian?" Ciel asked without looking up from the papers.

"I've finished drawing your bath," Sebastian said with a small bow.

"Huh?" Ciel said confused for a moment. He turned to look outside to see it was dark out and the moon was up. "It's night already?"

"Yes," Sebastian said. "The sun went down a fair few hours ago. Then again, given your new responsibility, I can understand losing track of the time." Ciel looked down at Angelina, who was still sleeping.

"Shall we then?" Sebastian said standing aside and gesturing for the door.

"Yes," Ciel said standing up and heading for the door. On the way to the bathroom Ciel gently shook Angelina until she woke up.

"Alright," Sebastian said as they entered the bathroom. "If you'll get in, I'll get the soaps-"

"Get out, Sebastian," Ciel said cutting him off.

"Master?" Sebastian questioned.

"Did I stutter?" Ciel said as he placed Angelina down on the counter. "Get out. Give us some privacy."

"Yes, young master," Sebastian said giving his signature bow and leaving. "Bathing himself now?" Sebastian asked himself after shutting the door. "What is that baby doing to him?"

Ciel sighed as he started to take off both his and Angelina's clothes. Once their clothes were off, Ciel picked up Angelina and carefully got into the tub filled with warm water. Angelina giggled as she started to play with the bubbles around them. Ciel couldn't help the small smile that came to his face at her excitement over something so small.

Ciel carefully started to wash Angelina's hair, being sure not to get any shampoo in her eyes. He gently placed his hand over her eyes as he poured water over her head to rinse out the suds. Angelina just giggled again.

Ciel continued to wash himself and Angelina before stepping out of the tub and wrapping both of them in towels. He let the water go down the drain before sitting down on the edge of the tub with Angelina in his lap. She just kept giggling as Ciel dried her off.

He laid her down on the counter again and placed a clean diaper on her before putting on his nightshirt. Just as he was dressing Angelina in her nightgown, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Ciel said as he finished dressing Angelina and held her in his arms once more.

"Sorry to disturb, young master," Sebastian said walking in with a silver tray and a letter on top. "But you received a letter from the queen."

Ciel took the letter from the tray, opened it, and read it over. It looked like the queen needed some help with a small town called Houndsworth. "We'll have to head out as soon as possible," Ciel said handing the letter to Sebastian and walking out the door.

Ciel entered his bedroom to see a tray with Angelina's milk was waiting. He walked over, grabbed the bottle, and sat down on the bed. Angelina happily began to drink. Once she was done, she yawned a little. Ciel let out a small chuckle and set her bottle down. Ciel rocked her ever so slightly in his arms as he walked over to the crib Sebastian had put together after their trip to town. He looked from side to side to make sure no one was looking, especially the bloody demon, before placing a small peck on her forehead.

"How sweet," Sebastian said suddenly appearing in the doorway.

"Be quiet!" Ciel whisper-yelled as he placed Angelina in her crib and walked over to his bed and laid down for the night.