Chapter 3

"Alright, that's enough," Ciel said shoving the baby back into Mey-Rin's arms. "Seeing as the weather and time leaves us no choice, she'll have to stay for the night."

"Stay the night?" Finny asked. "You mean we're not keeping her?"

"Of course not," Ciel said. "We're taking her to the orphanage first thing in the morning."

"But, master," Finny said clasping his hands together and making puppy eyes. "Please, can't we keep her. She's just so adorable and helpless."

"No," Ciel said firmly. "She's going to the orphanage tomorrow and that is my final word on the matter." The servants didn't argue as Ciel turned and left the kitchen.

The servants sighed. "I knew the master wouldn't let her stay," Bard said. 

"There's no helping it," Mey-Rin said. "We should get her fed and into bed."

"What're we supposed to feed her?" Finny asked. 

"Honestly," Sebastian said rolling his eyes and approaching the other servants with a bottle. "She's only a few weeks old. She should still only be able to drink milk."

"Oh," the servants said as Mey-Rin took the bottle and began to feed the baby.

"I must be off to attend to the master," Sebastian said heading for the door. "I trust the three of you can look after the child without fault."

"Yes, sir!" the servants said. With that, Sebastian left. 

The servants looked down at the baby to see she was whimpering again. "Do you think she's-" Bard started to say. He was cut off by a loud wail. 

Hours passed, and the crying still didn't cease. Ciel covered his head with his pillow in annoyance and groaned. "How hard is it?" Ciel said sitting up with a slight growl. He got out of bed and put on his robe before walking to the servants' quarters. 

"Could you keep it down?!" Ciel yelled as he slammed the door open. 

"We're sorry, young master, yes we are," Mey-Rin exclaimed. 

"We've tried everything!" Finny exclaimed. 

"The little lady just won't stop crying," Bard said rubbing his blood-shot eyes. Ciel pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. 

"Young master, why don't you try holding her again?" Mey-Rin said. "It worked last time."

"Fine," Ciel said. "Anything to end this racket."

Mey-Rin placed the baby in Ciel's arms. The baby looked up at Ciel and sniffled a few more times before snuggling into his robe.

"She really likes you, master," Finny said. 

"Whatever," Ciel said with a small blush. "Just go to bed. I'll take care of this."

"Okay," the servants said heading for their beds. 

Ciel sighed and looked down at the baby that was now clutching onto his robe. "There's no helping it," Ciel said heading for his room. After arriving, he took off his robe and sat down on his bed. He held the baby against his chest as he pulled back the covers and laid down. He noticed that she had fallen asleep and was snuggling into him. 

"Just tonight," Ciel said closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.