Chapter 1- The Girl From Another World

Kairi could hear multiple voices speaking at once. She felt extremely heavy and worn out. She struggled to open her eyes and found a set of gentle eyes staring down at her. She blinked multiple times until her eyes finally adjusted. An old woman turned away and cried out to someone, "She's awake!"

Kairi's eyes followed the lady and noticed right away that she was in a strange room. Everything was practically carved out of wood or bamboo. If she didn't know any better, she thought she was in some sort of ancient Chinese era.

Maybe it was all a dream, Kairi thought to herself. She pinched her cheeks and found that it felt quite real. She then tried to recall the last of her memories. She had lost all hope when she got the call that told her she had once again been rejected for a position as an accountant. She had been poor most of her life and filled with nothing but bad luck. Her parents had divorced at a young age and her mother was barely around.
Even at age twenty she was found herself jobless and on the verge of becoming homeless. Somehow she ended up at an extremely old shrine. It was there that she prayed for heaven to take pity on her and help her get rich so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore. The next thing she knew, she was sucked into a pillar of light and found herself here.

She struggled to get up and felt something different about herself. She could feel a strange sensation at the pit of stomach. It swirled around within her and the moment she thought about it, a warm sensation erupted from her stomach and traveled throughout her body. Almost immediately, she began to feel better.

"What's going on...?" she thought. She pulled her arms out from under the silky cover and gasped. Her arms were much smaller than it used to. She looked at herself and realized her entire body was different almost as if she had shrunk.
Jumping out of bed, she searched for a mirror and found a circular polished metal plate that reflected the room. She rushed over and gaped at the reflection before her.
She was no longer herself. A young girl no older than ten years old was staring back at her. She had a petite nose and full lips. Her complexion was pale like the moon and a pair of light eyes stared back at her.

"Wha... what's going on?" she cried only to gasp in horror. Her voice was a strange bell like tone but what surprised her even more was that she was speaking a completely different language.
As if things couldn't get any worse, images of the girl in the reflection flashed over and over in her mind.

"Are these the girl's memories...?" Kairi thought. First she saw the young girl being thrashed about by another girl who looked similar to her.

"Xiao You! Did you honestly think you can get away with embarrassing my mother?" snapped Feng Jiu.

"Jiu Er, she's already dead. If your father finds out about this, even he won't be as lenient," said Madam Feng.

"She's already dead. No one will find out," Feng Jiu hollered.

"No. Do not tempt the dead. I will have A-Gu take her into the forest and leave her body there for animals to feed on. When your father returns, we will tell him that she lost the battle with her sickness and has passed on," Madam Feng conspired.

"Fine. It'll be one less thorn in my side when Zhang Sheng Ge Ge comes," said Yang Jiu.

"Oh my..." Kairi could only gasp at the last horrible memories. The little girl was only ten and she was beaten to death.

What horrible human beings!

She wasn't sure what the two women were to the little girl but they definitely did a number on the little girl. Just as she thought this, the door flung open and the old woman she saw before walked in with an older man. She was sure the both of them were a married couple.