Chapter 42-Level Four Black Token Holder

The next level was sword skills. Xiao Huo was the first to take the sword test. He stood in the middle off a large arena and suddenly one hundred red crowned rooster demon beasts were let loose. Red crowned rooster demon beasts were normally on the low level spectrum. Anyone who had cultivated even for a bit could defeat a few of them but to go against a giant group of them proved harder as they were extremely fast with razor sharp beaks and claws. If one wasn't fast enough, they were sure to get pecked or clawed to death.

"Defeat as many demon beasts as you can within the allotted time. Only a score of sixty or more can a person pass," came a booming voice. Kairi and Gao Yang sat off in one of the empty chairs where a judge would normally sit. Seeing as it was a private test, it was just the two of them. Xiao Huo wasn't too skilled with his sword but his spiritual energy was too high that a mere swipe of his sword was enough to cut down a rooster with ease. Kairi shook her head in like an embarrassed mother hen. She could tell that Xiao Huo was having a lot of fun swinging a sword around.

"So much for keeping a low profile..." Kairi thought as she face palmed herself.

"Amazing..." she heard Gao Yang say from beside her. She looked up and found Gao Yang completely immersed in Xiao Huo's test. She wanted to laugh. He must be amazed to see how strong Xiao Huo was but all Kairi could think about was Xiao Huo's sloppy sword skill.

Once the time was up, only a few roosters were left running around the arena. Magic circles appeared on the ground where the roosters were and they instantly disappeared.

"Looks like I'm up next," Kairi said as she got up to her feet. She didn't bother to go down the stairs and instead jumped down from the seven meter high platform. Landing softly on her feet, she caught the sword that Xiao Huo threw over with one hand. She examined the blade of the sword and was quite surprised. It was a dark silver blade with a pure silver hilt. All in all, the sword was well crafted. It wasn't her cloud breaking sword but obedient enough to let other cultivators use it. Feeling quite curious, she infused a little bit of her spiritual energy into the blade and suddenly a massive aura swirled around the blade. The dark silver slowly turned lighter and lighter until it turned almost white. On the blade by the hilt was a small carving of the word, yin yang. Kairi didn't get to marvel at the blade for long because the booming voice overhead started to explain the rules of the test. One hundred red crowned rooster demon beasts appeared all around her and she felt a tinge of excitement.

"Well... we're already well noticed now. It be a disappointment not to use this sword to its full advantage..." Kairi thought as she swung the sword a few times in front of her. The red crowned roosters all attacked at once as if their life depended on it. With a simple jump in the air, Kairi turned upside and thrust her sword down. A shockwave of spiritual energy burst forth scattering the roosters in all directions. Using her light maneuver skills, she easily sped from rooster to rooster. Seconds ticked by and Kairi clicked her tongue in annoyance as if she wasn't killing them fast enough. She swung her sword horizontally and a wave of spiritual energy escaped from the swing. One by one, each rooster was cut in half in mere seconds. By the time it hit thirty four seconds, the last rooster fell over dead.

"Kairi, pass!" came the booming voice.

"That was marvelous!" Gao Yang exclaimed as he jumped down from the spectating platform. Xiao Huo followed suit who was grinning at his master. He looked like he wanted to tease her. She shot him a penetrating glare and he instantly gulped back in fear. Once Xiao Huo looked away, Kairi saluted Gao Yang and handed back the sword. The moment he touched the blade, it turned dark again.

"That really was something. You just never cease to amaze me," he exclaimed as he cupped his hands together to compliment her.

"Please. I was just randomly swinging the sword around," Kairi said bashfully.