Chapter 20 - They Meet Again

"If you want noodles, just tell this Gege. Gege will have someone make you noodles," Feng Jiang cooed. Kairi ignored him and finished slurping down her noodles. It was exactly the same as last time. Good noodles, busy street, and an extremely annoying man in front of her. The only minute difference was Zhang Sheng was as teaser and Feng Jiang was a pleaser.

"Xiao Xiao ah, why aren't you saying anything?" Feng Jiang asked. His smile started to fade and his eyes became misty. Kairi huffed and slammed her bowl down onto the table. She's had enough. How did Xiao You not get annoyed to death by this man? All she wanted was a little peace!

"Enough! Jiang Ge, I'm not ten years old anymore. Stop treating me like a child!" she snapped. Kairi could only stand to be patient for so long. Feng Jiang's bottom lip quivered. He clasped is hands together then looked up to the sky.

"Heavenly Lord, what has this Feng Jiang done to deserve Xiao Xiao's anger? Feng Jiang wants nothing more than Xiao Xiao's happiness!" he cried. People were starting to stare. This man was more of a child than she was. Dear Lord, what did she do to deserve this? Bring back Zhang Sheng. She could at least handle him. Kairi felt embarrassed enough. She shot up to her feet and stormed off.

"Xiao Xiao! Wait for Gege!" she heard him scream from behind him. Someone please help her get rid of him, she thought bitterly. She didn't realize that her prayers were about to be answered.

It was in the middle of the day and the street was getting more and more crowded. Feng Jiang's cries were getting more embarrassing and Kairi just wanted to get away. She continuous checked behind her shoulder as she tried to squeeze through the crowd. She didn't know where A Hua had gone but she was more worried about getting away from Feng Jiang than anything else.

Slam!

Kairi slammed face first into someone's chest.

Ouch! Was this person's chest made out of stone? Why did he stand still in the middle of the street? Didn't he know she was in a hurry?

She softly massaged her nose.

"Xiao Xiao!" Feng Jiang was getting closer. She groaned and muttered a quick apology. Just then she heard a light, soft chuckle.

That chuckle, it couldn't be!

She didn't dare look up but she heard it again.

"Silly girl, did you get into trouble again?" That heavenly voice was one she had been waiting for months to hear. How could she hear it now and so clearly? She looked up and there was the most gorgeous face she had ever seen. , dark eye s looked back at her along with a warm smile.

"Zhang Sheng?"

He stood there like a majestic god dressed in dark green robes embroidered with golden threads. He really was here this time. Her eyes weren't playing tricks on her.

"Looks like this little girl has grown up quite a bit," he commented.

"Why are you here?" she asked when her shock wore off.

"You stopped talking to me months ago and I couldn't get through to you no matter how much I tried. I thought something happened so I came as fast as I could," he replied. He came because he stopped hearing her voice? Kairi's heart thumped rapidly. She smiled at his reply and was going to explain that she had been busy but then quickly remembered that he was the one who had stopped talking. Her smile disappeared at the thought.

"Wait a second. Why are you accusing me of the one who stopped? You're the one who stopped talking. I even had a question to ask you because I couldn't go back to Liu Sect to ask Gramps!" Kairi exclaimed. She wrapped her arms together tightly in front of her chest to show how angry she was.