Chapter 29 - The End of the Competition

Multiple flaming tigers rushed out from the flames in Er Niu's hands. The flaming raging beasts charged toward their opponent. Everything seemed to have slowed down for Kairi. She didn't know why but she didn't want to see the mute man die. She jumped off the platform and yanked You Sheng out of harm's way. The tigers slammed into the area where You Sheng had been. The entire area was burnt to a crisp. Kairi and You Sheng landed gracefully behind Er Niu.

Seeing You Sheng use Kairi for support, Er Niu's anger increased tenfold.

"Xiao You! You dare let another man touch you? You're my wife now!" Er Niu raged.

"Not quite. Master has agreed to my conditions when the competition started. The winner of the competition must fight me. Only if they win against me, will they be worthy of marry me," Kairi retorted.

"Ha! Then this will be yet an easy win!" he laughed. Kairi wanted to wipe that stupid look off his face badly.

"I'm the only disciple of Zhao Chen, King of the Bandits. Are you belittling Master? Do you honestly think he wouldn't train his disciple to the upmost of his abilities?"

He stiffened at her words, unable to say anything back. He knew saying anything would insult Zhao Chen and he couldn't afford to insult the leader and the strongest man of the village.

Knowing that Er Niu can't refute her words, she finally turned her attention to You Sheng.

"Are you alright?" she asked him. You Sheng didn't look at her as usual but he nodded his head. She set him down in one corner of the ring. Once she was sure he was okay, she faced Er Niu who glowered at her gentleness toward You Sheng.

The crowd erupted into whispers and Kairi caught a few words from them.

"Is she really going to fight Er Niu?"

"Even if she is Zhao Chen's disciple, I just can't see her winning."

"Has anyone even seen her fight?"

It was true no one has seen Kairi engaged in a fight before except the men who had been with Zhao Chen the night she was taken away. Even then, those men haven't seen Kairi fight once after she entered the village. All of her training had been done in a hidden area of the village as Zhao Chen didn't want anyone to learn his secret skills.

Kairi let out a sharp whistle. Her sword came flying from the distance surprising many of the villagers. Only someone on the same level as Er Niu could summon a sword from so far away. She caught her sword easily with one hand and pulled it apart. It gleamed brightly as if eager to shed some blood. Er Niu smirked and also summoned his own sword.

"Xiao You, why prolong the inevitable? You're going to marry me one way or another," Er Niu said smugly.

"I'd rather die than marry a pig like you," Kairi spat. The both of them rushed forward. Their weapons clanged loudly. A shockwave burst from the contact of both blades. People in front of the ring, raised their sleeves up to block the intense wind from the impact.

Er Niu freed one hand from his sword and a flaming tiger erupted from his hand. Kairi barely had time to escape as she used Er Niu's body as a springboard. She kicked off on him and landed on the other side of the ring. The flaming tiger slammed into the spot that Kairi had been standing before and dissipated into smoke.

"You're quite agile. I'm impressed," Er Niu smirked. "I want you more and more."

Kairi felt a shiver up her spine. There was no way she was going to marry the man in front of her. She charged forward with her sword raised. Er Niu also rushed forward. Their sword clashed back and forth. With every exchange, Kairi felt just how strong Er Niu was. She could barely hold her own against him. Releasing spiritual energy into her sword, her swings became lighter and stronger. With each swing, a green shockwave of energy burst forward. Using the light speed maneuver she learned, she circled around Er Niu slashing her sword at him. Er Niu was unable to block them all and received blow after blow. Kairi sped up even faster, slicing and dicing as she circled him. With the final move, she jumped up into the air and stabbed her sword down. An intense beam of energy struck down at Er Niu. He fell flat into the ground and didn't move anymore.