Chapter 19 - Big Brother to the Rescue

"Young Master Feng Jiang?" A Hua breathed. Feng Jiang, the half-brother of Xiao You, had just returned from the borderline after finally finding someone to replace his post. Hearing the news about his dear little sister, he raced home as fast as he could only to come upon this scene. He didn't see who the young girl was in the sky but seeing her fall to her doom, he raced forward and caught her in his arms. Seeing Xiao You's face, he could only gasp in shock. Not knowing that the one in his arms was already no longer Xiao You, he glared ruthlessly at the two intruders who were spitting out blood from Kairi's attack.

"How brazen of you two to enter Lan Manor and even injury this general's family's most precious jewel?" Feng Jiang seethed. He didn't even bother placing Kairi down. Just a small thrust of his aura was enough to put pressure on the two intruders. It was as if an invisible hand was pressing down upon the two men. Blood seeped out from their eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Feng Jiang wanted to kill them instantly but calmed himself down. He wasn't without reason. There was a reason why the two of them had snuck into a well-known place like Lan Manor. He lifted the pressure off of the two intruder and ordered the servants to tie them up. Without so much as a look, Feng Jiang carried Kairi away.

By the time Feng Jiang had given Kairi a pill and washed away the sweat and blood on her face, he finally noticed her cultivation level.

"A five?" he thought frowning. Assuming that his senses were tricking him, he grabbed Kairi's hand to personal test out her level. His eyes widen in surprise but what was stranger yet was the strange pulsing energy that was gathered at the pit of her stomach. Something was wrong with her core. It wasn't absorbing the energy like it should causing her energy to fluctuate thus injuring her when she attempted to use it.

"Xiao You's body has always been weak. There is no way she could have cultivated to this level," Feng Jiang thought as he set Kairi's hand back down. He didn't get to hear much of the story from his father. When he was at the borderline and heard that his little sister had passed away. He was devastated. He had promised Lady Lan that he would protect her with his life. Then one day, he received a letter from his father that his little sister was alive and well. In order to come home, he had replaced his post and docked his pay. It was worth every gold coin. He smiled at the little angel sleeping in his bed and patted her head softly.
"Xiao Xiao, don't you worry about a single thing. Big Brother has come home. Big Brother will keep any and every wolf away from you," he promised. Unfortunately for Big Brother Feng Jiang, some time in the future, there would be no way to keep Kairi away from the biggest wolf of all, Zhang Sheng.

The clatter of rushing footsteps could be heard outside. That morning was louder and busier than usual. Kairi, who had been asleep for three days, finally woke up. Her clothes had been changed out of. The energy at the pit of her stomach had dissolved and the bloating feeling was gone. The only problem was, she couldn't feel any strength in her body. It was as if someone had completely sucked out all the energy out of her body. She struggled to sit up in bed only to hear a soothing male voice from her bedside say, "Xiao Xiao, I've finally just dissipated the dark energy in your body. You're body right now is much too weak to get up."

Kairi looked up and saw a pretty face. It wasn't a handsome strong face like Zhang Sheng but rather a lean pretty face, like blossoms in the spring. It was prettier than the average women and it made her face blush. A strong aura came off of him and she knew he was quite strong. If she didn't know any better, she'd thought he was on the same level as her master, Wei Xing. He had been in the middle of drinking tea and only stopped when he saw that she had awoken. The man before her reminded her strongly of a main male lead in a soap opera.

"Who are you?" she asked. The man gasped loudly. His eyes widen in horror. His hand shot up to where his heart was as if to give his shock more emphasis. There was silence between the two of them, neither willing to break the silence. After what seemed like an eternity to Kairi, the man dropped down to his knees and wrapped his large hands around her tiny hand.