Chapter 9 - A Heart to Heart

After giving Zhang Sheng the pill, the both of them walked out when they heard a loud excited cry.

"Sheng Ge Ge!" cried a high pitch female voice. Zhang Sheng groaned at the sound of the voice and Kairi was quickly taken back. That womanizer groaning at the sound of a female voice? That was new. Kairi was about to turn around to see who this woman was but Zhang Sheng quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her right into the crowd.

"Someone's calling for you," Kairi exclaimed. Zhang Sheng whipped around to face her. A grin plastered on his face.
"That girl gets extremely jealous. We wouldn't want her to claw your pretty face out now, would we?" he said with a laugh.

"Claw my face out? I'll cut both her arms off before she could even touch me," Kairi muttered angrily to herself. She wasn't about to get injured for him. The screaming voice behind them quickly drowned out by the large crowd and they managed to escape into a tea store.

"Ah! Just what I was looking for," Zhang Sheng said as he let go of Kairi's hand. Kairi couldn't tell tea leaves apart so she stood off to the side and eyed some of the wine jars. Maybe she'll buy some wine and bring it back to Grandmaster Liu. Her hand reached up to grab one when a loud voice boomed from the entrance.

"Sheng Ge Ge!" cried a high pitched female voice. Everyone in the store jumped at the sound of the voice. Standing at the entrance was an angry young girl. Kairi's eyes narrowed in on the pretty girl. She was dressed in pink clothes with lovely floral designs. Her hair was beautifully styled and adorned with multiple hairpins. If she wasn't glaring so furiously at Zhang Sheng, she would've been even prettier.

"Ah! I was wondering who it was," Zhang Sheng said in a fake surprised tone. His struggle to keep a smile on his face surprised Kairi even more. So there were women out there that even he had a hard time appealing to.

"Sheng Ge Ge! You purposely ran away from me! Who was that girl that you ran away with?!" snapped the angry girl.

"Of course not, Feng Jiu Mei Mei, in fact, I was on my way to visit you when I finished shopping. We didn't get to talk at all yesterday," Zhang Sheng said calmly.

Feng Jiu?

Kairi cocked her head to the side as she tapped her head with her finger. She swore she heard that name somewhere before and now that the girl was no longer angry, she looked familiar. Kairi didn't know anyone who lived in this town and she didn't know why she found the girl so familiar. Was it because of Xiao You?

She didn't get to think long because the look on Feng Jiu's maid's face caught her attention. It was the look of sheer horror and shock like she had seen a ghost. She hastily tugged at Feng Jiu's sleeve and whispered into her ear, "My lady, look!"

"What?" Feng Jiu snapped as she followed her maid's finger. Her eyes landed on Kairi and she jumped back in fright. "H...how?! You're dead! Someone! The ghost of Xiao You is here!"

A lightbulb went off in Kairi's head and she instantly remembered who Feng Jiu was. She was the girl in the last memories of Xiao You. Xiao You had been beaten up badly by Feng Jiu and Madam Feng was the one who had her secretly buried.

Zhang Sheng peered over at Kairi confused.

"What ghost?" Zhang Sheng asked. Feng Jiu looked delirious as she tugged at Zhang Sheng's sleeves.

"Ge Ge! Can't you see Xiao You's ghost? She's standing right there! Look!" cried Feng Jiu. She pointed an accusing finger at Kairi and everyone's eyes traveled over to where she stood. Most of the customers were confused. Kairi was obviously human and breathing. Kairi took a cautious step forward only to stop in her tracks. Feng Jiu shrieked liked a wild animal and hid behind Zhang Sheng. Her maids tried to calm her down but she wouldn't have it. She screamed over and over for someone to get rid of Kairi.