Chapter 48-Letter from the Second Master

Once Kairi started on the barrier training, she noticed that she had way better control of her energy. The first week of training, she barely broke ten barriers. Two months passed by, she nearly broke all fifty. She hasn't seen Xiao Huo nor Zhang Sheng at all and when she went to inquire about them, Mei Er had told her that after Xiao Huo almost burnt down a part of the sect for the second time, Wei Xing kicked him to Mystic Mountain to fight against shadow demon beasts. As for Zhang Sheng, he felt bad about getting her into trouble so he had gone into seclusion for the time being.

"Poor Xiao Huo..." She had always pampered him and let him do whatever he pleased. He must be crying his heart out on Mystic Mountain.

It's for your own good. Come back strong, little chicken.

She was just about to return to her barrier training when Wei Xing showed up. He was holding something long and wrapped up in a cloth. He stared at the last five barriers and then handed the wrapped package over to her.

"It's about time to move on to the next level," he said and pressed a finger to her abdomen. She felt energy erupt in her body. He had fully unlocked her spiritual energy. Then he waved his sleeve at the training pad and five thousand barriers erupted from the ground. It almost looked like multiple translucent buildings were placed on the training pad. 

Her jaw dropped at the super thick barrier.

"M...Master... isn't this a bit much?" she asked.

"I've already unsealed your spiritual energy and with your sword, you should be able to finish this training before long," he said.

"My sword...?" She hastily uncovered what she was holding and realized it was in fact her breaking cloud sword. So it had been here this entire time, she thought. She pulled out her sword and felt a warmth seep through her arm almost as if it was greeting a long lost friend.

"It's about time that I returned it," Wei Xing said. She suddenly felt more spirited. She thanked him and quickly went to start her training.

Now that she has a better grasp of her own spiritual energy and with her breaking cloud sword back in her hand, she trained like crazy. Less than a month passed and she finally finished destroying all the barriers before the sun even set.

She had just gotten up from meditating after her training, when one of the disciples came running down the dirt path.

"Miss Kairi! Grandmaster is asking for you!" the disciple called out.

"Master is?" she asked. Wei Xing has never disturbed her training unless it was important. She grabbed her sword and made her way back to the main hall.

Six people had been waiting for her. Wei Xing sat at the head seat looking calm as ever. Zhang Sheng seemed ready to pounce on the three men who sat opposite him. Xiao You, who sat next to him, looked quite perplexed. She then eyed the three men who sat on the other side. There was Feng Jiang, who smiled brightly upon seeing her, then there was Qin Gao Yang, who flashed his teeth and waved his hand at her. Finally sitting in the third seat was serious as ever, Yang Guo.

What could the reason be for these three to be here?

"Master, you called for me?" she asked.

"You may explain, Young Master Qin," Wei Xing simply said. Gao Yang cupped his hand together toward Wei Xing then explained to Kairi, "Miss Kairi, Qin Mercenary Core suddenly received a job to search for, her majesty the queen, as a sealed letter had been marked for her. However, not even her majesty could unlock it. Grandmaster Wei believes the letter is meant for you."

"A letter?" He handed her a letter with a seal on it. She looked down at the seal and her eyes widen. "This is...!"

She brought her forefinger to her mouth and bit until blood bled. She dripped a drop of it on the letter surprising everyone in the room.