6 • T A L K T O M E

I can't take a day without you here. You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.

- Look Me In The Eyes by : [Jonas Brothers]

♪♪♪

Chapter 6
TALK TO ME

PREVIOUSLY

Clark hugs us both. I put my arm around one of his and tug him even closer.

"Me and you need to talk." I whisper softly into his ear so Martha couldn't hear.

sss

Midnight, an hour ago and I've finally got the strength and courage to pull myself away from the television after watching countless of news channels. I go a text from Lois that she knew something about the supposed 'Alien', but when I tried to text her back I couldn't get any service.

I pulled an orange coat and made my way to the back of the house. The fresh air was nice to have for once. The city's air was usually polluted by vehicles and the burning of gases.

The air was cold but I didn't want to go back inside. I looked up at the stars knowing now that there were people looking for Clark. 'Why destroy an entire planet for one person?', I thought to myself. 'Unless he is a treat for whomever spoke.', I thought.

"Lara! Wait up." I hear Clark call out. And I slow down my pace to the barn. He soon joins me by my side.

"So what are you doing out here?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

"Thinking, I guess." I shrug and silence comes over us.

"Tag, you're it." I say to him and I tap his shoulder and take off running.

"Who said I was playing?" He says.

"Come on we both know that you're a child at heart!" I yell out to him.

Clark chases me, he's right on my tail, suddenly he was in front of me.

"No fair. You're using your powers." I complain and laugh.

"Or you're just slow." He teases and I pout and run into the barn.

I sit down to rest as I catch my breath. I haven't run so much since I've left Kansas. Metropolis isn't really a place where you can run around, it didn't have open fields and huge backyards like Kansas.

Clark comes in seconds later totally fine, it didn't seem as if he had been running. He walks over to me and sits next to me.

"Clark, I know that you're hiding something. What is it? Does it have something to do with that Zod guy? You know that you can tell me.
, Right?" I say to him looking him in the eyes, something I haven't done for years.

"I didn't...I didn't think he was that important." Clark stutters and looks me in the eyes.

"So you know who he is?" I ask him and Clark slowly nods his head.

"Zod, he's a military leader who attempted a coup. It was too late. Krypton was about to end...that's all I know about him." Clark explains.

"Why would he want you after all those years? No offence but why destroy an entire race just to find one of his own? It makes no sense. The only thing I can think about is that maybe you are a threat to him." I explain to Clark my thoughts. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know. But if I do surrender myself who says that he won't destroy Earth? But who says he won't?" Clark's asks.

"Clark, I'm not a priest nor am I a fortune teller. But I am your friend and I support whatever decision you make. Just don't get killed. Martha would be heartbroken, me too if you were wondering. Please don't die on my watch." I say and hug him.

"Don't worry, I'm don't plan on doing that anytime soon." He says and gently rubs my arm up and down as he hugs me. And it's as if everything became a blur.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" He questions and I pull away confused.

But the minute I pulled away I began longing for his heat. Then reality hit me. My eyes once again catches his and I get lost in his blue orbs. Just like that they all came back (my feelings towards Clark) and my confused look vanishes and is replaced with a shy smile. Just for now, we'll forget about everything...just got now.

"What's with the sudden change in topic?" I ask him, my shyness fades away slowly.

"Because you're beautiful." He says and gently strokes my cheek.

"I've missed you so much these past years." I say to him and he smiles.

"Oh really?" He questions and tilts his head slightly and removes his hand from my cheek.

"Every day in Metropolis, and I mean every single day, I would take out this picture we took." I say and take out my phone from my jean's pocket and show him the picture. Clark smiles as he looks at the picture.

"Do you remember that day?" I ask him and put my phone away. Clark begins to nod buy he still doesn't tear his eyes away.

"Detailed actually." Clark says and his time becomes sad and looks away.

"Hey, why are you so sad about remembering that day?" I ask him and I place my left palm on his right right cheek, bring his eyes back to mine.

"Because you almost drowned. W...what if I couldn't find you in the water? What if I found you too lat..." I cut him off.

"But you didn't. You saved me. Clark, if you didn't do anything all those kids on that bus, including me, would be dead now for twenty years. But you saved us. Clark, don't you see that you're a hero. So don't be sad about that." I tell him and he smiles.

sss