11 • P L A N I N A C T I O N

"And when you can't rise, well I'll drop with you on his and knees,
coz I, I'm gonna stand by you...we can find a way to break through...
love you're not alone... I'm gonna stand by you."

- Stand By You by : [Rachel Platten]

♪♪♪

Chapter 11
PLAN IN ACTION

PREVIOUSLY

"I don't think they're interested in sharing this world." Clark says to his mother.

"And I know exactly how to stop them." I tell him and he looks at me questionably.

"But how?" He asks me.

"Your father had told me." I said to him and he smiles.

sss

"We have a plan general." I say to the general as him Doctor Emil Hamilton, reassuring them that we had an actual plan that could maybe end this destruction.

"Is that what I think it is?" Doctor Emil asks as he gazes upon the ship Clark had been sent in.

"It's the ship he arrived in." I explain to them. I worry about Martha by knowing that she's with Lois kind of my me worry less.

"This ship is powered by something called a phantom drive. It bends space. Zod's ship uses the same technology. And if we can make the two drives collide with one another..." Clark says and walks towards the general and Emil, but the doctor cuts Clark off.

"A singularity can be created." Emil finished Clark's sentence.

"Like a black hole?" The general asks and I walk towards them too, taking my stand beside Clark.

"Exactly like a black hole, but think of it as more of a doorway." I explain to them and adjust my glasses.

"So if we open up this doorway then theoretically they should be pulled back in." Clark says to them. I keep my fingers crossed that they would agree to follow through with the plan because we had nothing else.

"So you, you want us to bomb them with that?" The doctor asks directing to the ship. And Clark nods his head.

"General that craft maxis out seventeen thousand pounds, we can drop it from a C17. It's a viable plan." The colonel (chief officer of a regiment) Nathan Hardy says agreeing to our plan.

"And if I don't stop that machine over the Indian Ocean, the gravity field will continue to expand." Clark says to them.

I feel my breath hitch in my throat. This was the only plan we got, but it a theoretical one. If the general didn't give us permission to continue with the plan...let's not go down that lane.

The general nods, giving us permission to proceed. I let out a sigh of relief. I turn to see Clark a few feet away from me, I walk to him scared this might be the last I see of him.

"If this machine is making Earth more like your home planet, won't you be weaker around it?" I ask Clark, worrying about him as I recall the occurrence on Zod's ship.

"Maybe. But I'm not gonna let that stop me from trying." Clark says and a small smile plays at my lips and tears coat my eyes.

He was so brave - facing the unknown. Not many people could do that you know. Having the courage to bravery to stand up for people you don't know, to save a life, to save all of their lives. And it was by sacrificing himself...

"Please come back alive." I say softly and sweetly to him and he smiles.

"I'll try." Clark says but his answer's not good enough for me. I shake my head, telling him that, that is not the answer I want.

"You will, Clark. You will for Martha's sake and for mine." I say, unaware of the future. I want to lace our fingers together, hug him, kiss him...but I knew that I shouldn't, not right now at least.

"You might wanna step back a little bit." Clark says and I take a few steps back and smile.

"Maybe a little but more." Clark says and I do as he says and let out a small laugh.

And just like that, Clark Kent takes off into the sky. We watch as his flying figure soars ever so high. I remember that times when we use to act as if we could fly, but today he actually can.

While Clark stops the machine in the Indian Ocean I took off in the C17 aircraft with Emil and Nicolas.

As we made our way to the spacecraft hovering over Metropolis, aircrafts flew past us. The adrenaline rush was kind of new to me. A girl doesn't get to save a day everyday of her life, I have a job you know.

"The gravity field is pulling our missiles down, we gotta get closer." One of the aircraft pilots says over the speaker.

I watch as we make our way closer to Zod's ship. It was now or never, no matter how much I was trembling, there was no turning back. Earth can't be turned I to Krypton. Not now not ever.

sss