13 • T H E F A L L

"So go through the darkest of day...never let you go, never let me down. it's been a hell of a ride...Don't you give up, I won't give up."

- Let Me Love You by : [DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber]

♪♪♪

Chapter 13
THE FALL

PREVIOUSLY

"Got a slight set back- " Before Hamilton could finish up, the two aircrafts behind us were bombed.

I gasped in shock and surprisement. This meant we were next.

We needed to get the key in, and we needed to do it now! There was no going back now, and this I knew.

sss

As the smoke cloud from the explosion cleared up I caught the sight of Zod's shift, just metres away from the one we were on...

I took a few steps closer to the door, it might seem stupid at a time like this...but for me it showed that we were not backing down. I needed to get our point through.

This is our land, this is Mother Earth...this is home.

And nobody was going to take away our home. For a moment it looked like I was staring directly at its command station. And that's where...no, that's where I knew Zod was sitting.

Out of nowhere Clark came flying and crashed into the spaceship. And as he did that a beam was fired, missing the aircraft just by inches.

I watched as the spaceship went crashing down into nothing but air. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least but scared for Clark. But he's a grown man right? He can deal with his problems, right?

Wrong, this was a problem beyond him. It was something we had to face together...all of us.

Then I heard the sound on something being grounded. I turned around as saw Hamilton during the entry way of the key in the spaceship. And with that the key was pulled into the spaceship.

I let put a breath of relief. That was one thing that was now out of the way...and a million dozen awaiting us still.

As I walked over to Hamilton, a blast sent me flying back. The employee of the air force was sent flying into the sky as the female Krytonian took a stand on our aircraft. Now, this was bad...

She was beyond me. With powers I could not behold, challenging her would be a mistake, but it would be courage and evidently dumb beyond point.

One by one, I watched her hit them unconscious, and what was I doing? Great question...

I was pulling myself up with all the energy I had, as I dangled with my body put of the ship. I forced myself to not look down. Fallung over 100 feet today, that was not on my To-Do-List nor was it part of my life goals.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be helping to save the earth. Never in a million years did I believe that I would be fighting alongside my childhood best friend to stop his people from taking over... crazy right?

I watched Hamilton pull himself up to his feet. I stood up and almost fell but caught myself by using my hands to lean on the walls of the aircraft. I watched as Hamilton walked towards the Krytonian aircraft that Clark was sent in.

I saw him push the key in successfully.

I watched as some weird electric-like rods shot around it, thankfully not touching us. The bright blue glow is it made me smile...

It looked like we were finally winning. But don't count your chickens before they hatch. Zod's ship still was not destroyed.

Without warning, the aircraft dives. I try to hold onto the walls of the craft, but the pulling force of the wind was too much...

"No, no, no!" I panic as my hands begin to lose their grip.

I know staying will emit in my downfall, my death. Letting go was the only option to survive, but I panicked. Falling through thousands of feet of air, not really the way I saw that my life would end.

I though I was more of a grow old and grey type and die of old age...looks like I wasn't.

I then I let go...

And now I was something that I did not like - a damsel in distress. I screamed as I fell to the ground, out if fear and seeing the ground and city nearing my gaze. The plummeting feeling in my stomach made it hard to catch my breathe.

My screaming stopped as I heard a loud explosion. I saw Zod's ship being destroyed. A blue-like glowing hole pulled the ship in and a few outer debris.

The sounds of the people screaming around me, just made me realise, that yes...I was falling.

No, this it not how it ends...I won't give up, I won't!

sss