10 • E A R T H ' S D E S T R U C T I O N

“It's impossible for me to let you go, knowing everything that I know. So tell I won't. But I'm not gonna go until you believe it.”

- As You Need by : [Alex Aiono]

♪♪♪

Chapter 10
EARTH'S DESTRUCTION

PREVIOUSLY

I try firing the weapon at her put she pulls it out of my hands. I use my first and I punched her and then kicked her away. The pod closes and I'm off down to Earth.

The pod had been damaged and I was calling to my death...or so I had thought.

sss

As the pod took off to Earth it began burning up, and that was very evident due to the increased in the speed that it went at. I felt the pod begin to heat up and the flames around it grew higher.

I didn't scream, I tried to remain calm. But knowing that I was falling millions of feet towards Earth-made my stomach flip. I gripped tightly on whatever I could.

My breathing increased as I thought about this being my final few minutes, maybe even seconds.

Sparks began flying from within the pod. I muttered a few curse words under my breath as I felt a few of the sparks hit my face and hit my clothes and burn a few tiny holes in it.

I heard a few parts of the pod break away and the pod began turning around and different directions.

"I so didn't think my life would end like this." I muttered to myself as I saw Earth in a distance.

As the pod entered Earth's atmosphere, I saw him...Clark making his way towards the pod. He finally caught up to the pod and tried pulling it upwards but the pod was not having any of it.

Clark broke the glass and tore the door away. In the last few seconds he pulls me out and hugs my body. The pod crashes to the ground and explodes.

Clark shields me from the blast. And gently he lets me down to the ground.

I stood on my tippy toes and kept my head nuzzled into Clark's neck. I felt like crying, I almost died people.

"Are you alright?" He asks me and I slowly let go and pull a bit back to look at him.

"Yeah." I say, my voice coming out breathless.

"Th...they wanted to know things about you...a...and I didn't say anything b...but they knocked me out and looked in my brain. Clark I swear I'd do anything to protect you and not let you die, even if that meant that I would die. They need you Clark...I...I just don't want to see you die." I say to him an hug him again and sniff a bit as I try to keep myself from crying. I then pull my self away but Clark still has his hands on my waist.

"It's okay. They looked in my mind too. And no one is dying on my watch. Especially not you." Clark says and places a hands underneath my chin to make me look into his alluring blue eyes as he smiles.

Suddenly his facial expression turns serious. And I become worried.

"What's w..." Clark cuts me off.