25 • L I T T L E B A B Y

"You are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
And you will be alright, and you will be alright."

- Small Bump by : [Ed Sheeran]

♪♪♪

Chapter 25
LITTLE BABY

PREVIOUSLY

"I love you." I say and smile.

"I love you too." He smiles and kisses me again.

sss

Just like any other day, Clark walked through the front door with his briefcase. I couldn't help but to smile as I saw him with his glasses. He always use to take them off on the way home.

"Good evening!" I excitedly call out to him as I sit at the dinning room table and eat my supper.

He sets down his case and walks over to me, and places a kiss on my cheek and then my forehead.

"I told you that I would take you out for dinner." Clark says and I smile at his serious face which falls away and turns into a smile too.

"I know you can't stay angry at me for making supper because you love my cooking." I say.

"So what did you make?" He asks.

"Chicken Tetrazzini. I wanted to try something new."

"I'll join you in a few, just let me first freshen up." Clark says and kisses me again and leaves.

Slowly I get up, although it pains to do this action and walk, I continue to do it to get around the apartment. I pour Clark some wine and some juice for me and placed the dish on the table filing with a plate for him.

I couldn't wait any longer so I got a second helping of this delicious dish.

Clark walking towards the living room changed into more casual clothing and he places some food onto his plate.

"You must be very hungry." Clark remarks and all I do is nod my head?

"I was thinking that maybe I could add all my sick leave and off days and stay with jelly bean for a year rather than a few months. I think it's for the best."

"Maybe. If Perry would allow that." Clark says and looks at me and smiles.

"Well about that, I actually asked him and he's okay with it, as long as try to send articles via email." I catch Clark still staring at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, stop." I grow and blush.

"Stop what?" He questions.

"Looking at me like that with those eyes, as if you've never seen me in a long time."

"I can't help it, you're just beautiful. It feels like I haven't seen you for days." Clark compliments and I thank him.

Once we are both fine, Clark places the plates into the dishwasher and puts the leftovers into the refrigerator.

Painfully I make me way to the bedroom. I try my best to hid away the pain.

Jellybean was kicking nonstop, and the pain I was fully was amplified more than other days. I'd rather not worry Clark since there was a week and a few days till my due date. I didn't want to go to the hospital only to find out that this was normal.