23 • T A L K T O M E

“Let's write a story, and let's sing a song. Let's hang our pictures on the wall. All these precious moments that we carved in stone are only memories after all...you know, you give me hope...”

- Memories by : [Shawn Mendes]

♪♪♪

Chapter 23
TALK TO ME

PREVIOUSLY

"This is attempts to get to see the color we've painted the nursery, no way. I want to surprise you all. When the baby is both, I'll send you each a picture." I say to them.

"That's like four months away." Lois grows impatient.

"Well then you'll have to be patient for the time being."

sss

I take the last bite of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich just as I hear the jingles of keys, outside of the front door. A smile takes place on my lips as I finish chewing.

I watch Clark walk in the lock the door behind him. He is oblivious to me behind the counter. He sets his briefcase on the sofa and walk off to the bedroom.

"Lara?" He questions as he expects me to be in the bedroom like I usually am since Perry has booked me off till the next six months after Jellybean is born.

"I'm in the kitchen Clark." I call out to him.

He walks into the kitchen with a concerned and worried expression across his features. Over these past few weeks, days before the baby is born, I realised how overprotective Clark has become.

His frequent patrol of the city and his airings have become rare these few days. Due to him always coming home to check up on me, and if I felt the slightest pain, he'd take the suit off and pamper me like a queen.

Now that's the thing. I'm pregnant not handicapped. It's perfect normal to feel uncomfortable and have pain while pregnant, but Clark was content.

He had worried, the baby could possibly be half Krytonian. Clark feared that in the process of the baby kicking, I'd end up with a broken rib or damaged organ.

But I have tried many times to rid his mind from that thought, he was content on profit his point.

"You shouldn't be on your feet. You should be resting. Those are the doctors orders." He scold, I try so hard to not roll my eyes at him right now.

"Clark, the sooner Jellybean is out, to sooner giving birth is too." I say to him.

I was growing impatient these last two months. I couldn't wait for my baby to be in my arms. I wanted to rid myself of my back pain and constant tiredness.

"So I had been thinking lately about the names. Let me go get them for you, I'm sure that I left the notepad and the pen on my nightstand." I said and waddle a few steps forward, but Clark stops me and walks to the bedroom.

I follow, and take a seat in the bed, while he searches the house for the notepad. He returns with the pen and the small book in his hands.

"You left it on the dining room table."

"Thanks. One of the many reasons why I need Jellybean out." I had become forgetful these past three months, and this angered me. I never use to forget simple things, as to printing, organising etc.

Clark joins me on the bed and I take the notepad from him with the pen.

"We had the names for the baby down to four. And out of those, I really like the first one. Here, I wrote down the enitre name. The first, second and last name." I say and show him the page that had our baby's name on it.

"You're giving Jellybean my last name?" He questions and I nod.

"Yeah. I know that if my mother would of been alive, she would of been against it. She'd probably be saying something along the lines of me being wrong in giving Jellybean your last name since we're not married."

"Well that's does sound like your mom." Clark says and kisses my cheek and pulls me in for a hug and nuzzles his head in my neck.

As I reach up to play with his hair, I feel the baby kick. Jelly bean hasn't kicked in an entire week, and this kind if got me worried for a bit. But looks like the baby was in hibernate and wants attending.

Why is it always this way? Whenever u get attention from Clark, Jellybean goes crazy, begging for attention.

"Jellybean is kicking like crazy." I say and rub my stomach to stop the kicking.

The kicks was uncomfortable and sore to say the least. Usually when I placed my hand on my stomach, Jellybean would stop, but tonight was another story.

I groan a little. These kicks were intense...

I catch Clark's expression turn into a great amount of worry. Fear evidently laced his facial features as he stared in shock.

An idea comes to mind. For the enitre day, I gave attention to Jellybean, and there was no movement. But when Clark shows us, Jellybean is going crazy. So if Jellybean wasn't attention from dad, then there you have it.

I takes Clark's hand and place it on the bump. I was afraid and hesitant. But once he felt the kicks, his features softened. And once the kicking eased, a smile formed on his lips.

"Do you see? It's normal." I tell Clark.

"Why are you so afraid of Jellybean hurtin..." And then everything fell in place.

"You don't want Jellybean to have the powers you have. You want our baby to be human. But why?" I ask him, not fully understanding.

"Because I want our baby to live a normal life and not go through the pain and torment that I went through. I don't want our baby constantly wondering where it came from. Lara, I want our baby to be normal. I don't want to see Jellybean hurt, nor do I want to see you get hurt. I love you both too much for that to happen." He admits and i kiss him.

His bought was sweet, but it saddened me at the same time.

"Clark do you know how many times I dream of that? To watch you teach our baby how to deal with their powers. To be that anchor, that teacher, that helper, that you never had. Teach them what you know, show them how to fly and blast this using laser vision." I say and cup his cheeks.

"Look, baby. Falling down and getting hurt is part of the mistakes we all make, we are not perfect. And I have come to learn that the only way to better yourself is to get up and never give up. So don't give up on me, don't give up on Jellybean. We both know for a fact that there will be some sort of power that will arise. But I can't wait to watch you help our baby." I say sweetly.

"Our baby. I still can't really grasp those words. It seemed so unbelievable." Clark says and pecks my lip.

"Well you better soon. Because I don't think Jellybean wants to stay in there for much more longer." I say to Clark and smile.

sss