19 • L O V E H I M

“And you're the kind if guy the ladies want...
You're the only one of you, baby that's the fun of you...”

- ME! by : [Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie]

♪♪♪

Chapter 19
LOVE HIM

PREVIOUSLY

As I walk to the office I see Steve and Clark walking into the opposite direction, and I send a wave to them.

As they pass me, I can't help but to smile. My cheeks would probably be aching by the end of this day...maybe it would be too hard to keep it professional at work.

sss

"Stop, stop. I can't, my cheeks are aching of laughing so much." I say and laugh once more.

Clark and I were finishing up outstanding articles and files that had to be published the following day. It was already long pass dark outside, and I couldn't help but to admire the stares.

I had the idea to stay till late and finish up the work, but Mr Superman decided to tag along. And just my luck, because I only got half of the work done.

"Okay. Maybe we should get going." Clark suggests but I become engulfed in the computer screen, while my hands were typing away.

"Just one sec." I say, not really taking note of him anymore.

"That's it. You're done for tonight." I hear Clark say and he pulls me away from the computer screen.

"Fine. I would of been long done by now if it wasn't for you and your jokes." I say.

"Can I help it f I can't stay away from you?" He questions, making me smile.

This us one of the many reason I can't stay angry at him for long.

"Let's get going. My back is aching and I need some sleep." I say and grab my belongings.

"And maybe something to eat too." He says and we leave.

"You do know that you can go save lives right. I'm perfectly okay walking back alone." I say, we were now only five minutes away from the apartment.

The main reason I said this was because the streets were still booming with life, but not as much as in the day, seeing as it was 9 PM.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" He teases.

"Don't I every night?" I play along.

As we continue to walk, I continue to yawn.

"Maybe you should leave work at 5."

"Clark, I'm okay. And I can't now. There is so much things to do in the office, meetings to arrange, travelling to the centre of Metropolis for an exclusive executive meeting that has to be arranged, updating the Daily Planet web page, and reconstructing it, and it all has to done within the next six months." I say.

"This is the reason why I don't want you to work so late. And all this stress is not good for you..." I cut him off.

"Clark this is my job. And I'm worried. Worried that I can't organise everything, everyone is counting on me." Anger begins to boil in my veins.

"I just meant that maybe you want to take it slow now, split the work. All these events isn't your responsibility to plan." Clark tries to reason, but it makes me angrier.

"Oh sorry, I can't help that the person who is suppose to plan these things quit and moved away from Metropolis and Perri hasn't found a replacement yet." I say, my tone was serious and I caught a sight if built on Clark's face.

I unlocked the front door of the apartment and walked in. I set my bag down on my desk in my bedroom.

"I'm going to take a shower!" I yelled out to Clark who was now in the kitchen, most likely making something to eat.

I grabbed from black leggings and a tank top. I took a shower and actually thought about the scene that unfolded outside of the apartment door. And immediately I began to feel guilty.

Clark didn't want me to quit my job, to take time off. All he wants me to do is to stop worry and especially stressing. And he was right when he said that this was not my duty.

I got dressed, brushed my teeth and placed my hair into a loose braid. I walked out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen where Clark sat at the island.

I took a seat beside him and before I could say anything he passed me a sandwich that he had made. I was great fun since I wasn't really hungry.

"Thanks." I said, not looking at him in his eyes.

"Are you still mad at me?" Clark asks and takes my left hand into his right hand.

And finally I find the courage to look him in the eyes, that was now filled with worry. I was crying, and it showed clesrly by a few stray tears that were escaping.

"No. I'm not mad at you at all. I'm so sorry, you just wanted me to take it easy for the next few months. And you're right, it isn't my duty to organise and plan those events. I'm s..." Clark cuts me off and turns my chair to him.

"It's okay. Apology accept, I so wish I could stay with you through the entire night, hold you and fall asleep with you next to me." Clark says and I let put a small laugh.

"You better go Superman. I love you."

"I love you too." Clark says and wipes the tears away and kisses my lips.

I clean up the plates and pack them away, then I wash my face and then walked to the bedroom. I stood by the bedroom balcony door and stared at the night sky, the twinkling stars that could kind of been seen.

After a few minutes I crawled underneath the sheets and drifted off to sleep, only to wake up the next morning to find Clark holding me tightly against his warm chest.

In the early morning, before the sun would even rise, I would turn towards him and cuddle him - a new thing that I realised I've been doing.

sss