21 • W E L C O M E D G U E S T

“Well, I found a man. Stronger than anyone I know.
He shares my dreams, I hope that someday we'll share a home.
I found a love. To carry more than just my secrets.
To carry love, to carry children of our own. ”

- Perfect (Duet) by : [Ed Sheeran & Beyonce]

♪♪♪

Chapter 21
WELCOMED GUEST

PREVIOUSLY

"You know what? I don't think dieting is going to work out for you-" I cut her off, growing tired and irritated by her attitude.

"I'm sick and tired of your attitude. You think you can just come waltzing into here and judge and criticise people, well you just be mistaken. And btw, I'm pregnant."

sss

"Clark, come on. Wake up." I tiredly say as I try to wake him up.

He mumbles some incoherent words into his pillow, and i can't help but smile. I left him, and left him sleep.

It felt so good to take five days off from work. Just to wake up late for a chance. But that didn't help since I still didn't feel fully rested.

Since there weather was changing and becoming colder, I didn't want to risk getting sick, so I decided to put in something cozy and warm. I walked into the bathroom and got ready, and within thirty minutes I walk out the bathroom, all freshened up and ready for the day.

"You look comfy." I hear a sleepy Clark let out.

I can't help but to smile and walk over to him and kiss him good morning.

"Your mom should be here in the next hour or possibly two." I say to him as I pull away.

"It would be nice to have her around for some time." Clark says, sitting up.

"It really would. I was going to make breakfast, so I was thinking waffles, toast, eggs, some fruit and some juice or coffee, if you'd like." I say.

"That sounds wonderful, just let me get dressed and I'll come and h-" I cut him off.

"I really appreciate all you do for me, but I'm not disabled not do I have a handicap. Look, I love you, but I want to be a bit independent. And if I feel like treating you and your mom, then let me. Please honey?" I say, with a child-like pout.

"Okay, but I'm only letting you, so you don't get angry." He says and I laugh and kiss him again.

"Can't help it, pregnancy hormones." I say and walk to the kitchen to begin.

An hour later I finish up, Clark sets the table and I place the food o to the table. But just as I finish, there is a knock at the front door. Before the person could place another knock, Clark answers the door.

And a familiar voice bounces off other walls of the apartment.

"Martha." I say and walk over to the doorway, to find Clark with the bags in his hands.

"Lara, my dear. It's so wonderful to see you again." Martha says and we hug.

"You too."

Clark takes the bags to the guest room, and returns, and we all take a seat at the table and begin to eat.

"Clark here tells me that you have something in store for me." Martha says and I look to Clark with questioning eyes, u thought he had old his mother by now.

And all Clark has to do is smile.

"You could say so." I say and share the smile Clark has.

"How is work?" She continues the conversation.

"The usual. The office has began to boom with new employees and interns. Some people don't really fit in there or at all with journalism, while others seem to fit perfectly in." I say and send Clark a glance.

"It's great. I never knew I'd actually enjoy it so much. The only reason I actually went to work there was because of Lara." Clark admits...

I thought he wanted to be closer to those who needed his help...not because if me.

"I think I finally have found a place where I can fit in. And you know, settle and start a family of my own with Lara." Clark smiles again.

I almost choked on my food as those words left his mouth.

Sure we've lighten touched the topic about marriage, but we've been dating for only five months now. We were moving fast, and thread no doubt in that, but we wanted feel the most comfortable with each other before the baby was born.

"Isn't that cute. Laura and I knew you two would just end up perfectly together, and look you two have. Your mother woud be so proud of you if she could see you now." Martha says, and thus makes me a but of emotional.

"I tell her that everyday." Clark says and places his hands on top of mine of the table.

I look up to him, tears in my eyes. I blink quickly to get rid of them.

"You okay? Is there something in your eyes?" Martha asks with concern.

"No, just...I'm getting a but emotional here. The thought of my mother, it still makes my heard sad." I admit.

sss