CHAPTER SIX

" Where are we going?" I whispered to Amber. "you'll soon find out" she smiled softly. "for how long have you been with the agency? Why are we..."

"Now Sam there will be more than enough time to process what has just been revealed to you", interrupted professor Douglas, "I understand you are angry and confused but for now I need you to focus."

Finally, the elevator stopped and the chrome doors opened revealing a busy network of offices and women and men in grey suits. Some in casual wear being handed files and lead to private offices. "welcome to the Beryl Intelligence Agency, Samantha you follow me, Thomas and Amber you are free to resume your duties."

"yes mam" they answered in unison before waving me goodbye. I tried my best not to roll my eyes, I could barely look at them right now. " who are you?" I turned to face Prof Douglas. She glanced at me and continued walking.

"given your current situation, we all felt that having you in one of our facilities would be best for your safety."

"You haven't answered my question" I reminded her yet she continued to ignore me.

"You have been transferred to Beryl House Academy one of our training institutions. You are to begin your training this Monday" Prof lead me into an office with beautiful furniture and a glass window. The office overlooked the others. You could see everything from up there.

"She made her way to the desk in the centre of the room dug through the files and handed me a black and silver flash drive. plug this into your laptop at home and give your cell phone to the man at the door he will be taking you back home."

"wait don't I have a say in this? my voice was louder than I intended it to be. What about how I feel? What about what I want! I have a say, I have other choices! My choices!"

"like what!? Going back to your school? Making yourself a walking target to not only civilians who think you murdered your friend and stole from them but also to enemies of your father!?" she sighed "young lady you have no choice."

I shrugged heavily and hung my head. She was right, my life was ruined, I was screwed.

"what does this flash drive do?" I almost mumbled.

"It erases all your data from the internet and creates a new profile dating back to when you first became active on the net." I nodded and headed toward the door. "Oh and one more thing Sam you are to tell no one about where you are going or anything that happened tonight understood?"

I nodded once more and reluctantly handed my cellphone to one of the agents at the door. "William?" I scoffed. "I can't believe this" I mumbled. He snickered and shrugged, his expression neutral as he quickly fidgeted with my phone before handing it back to me in a respectful manner. William and were always civil to each other but, it was still quite a shock to see him there. I guess it kinda made sense though how he had such awesome tech skills. Will was our go-to tech guy. If it's electronic he can fix it.

It felt like hours before the elevator brought us back up to the house. I didn't bother to speak to the man beside me. I simply marched out the lift and made my way to my room. "goodnight Miss I will secure the perimeter" informed one of the agents we had brought home with us.

I threw my self hard onto my queen-sized bed hoping it could just swallow me up. I glanced at the alarm on my bedside table.it was almost morning. 'great not only did they ruin my night they also took it from me'.