CHAPTER ELEVEN

"don't be selfish ok ! We need to plan a counter-attack regardless of what they have or don't have planned" the man yelled again.

"My feelings died on that mountain Dave! she had all of us fooled even you couldn't tell she was a double agent so don't you dare put this on me". yelled Dad, you could sense a slight pain in his voice.

'who is this she they are talking about? and why was dad so worked up about it?

"ouch" I silently winced as, my head crashed right onto April's boot.

"found it" she whispered. "I will disable the sensors then you'll climb down after,me ok?"

"ok" I whispered back.

I patiently waited as she worked her magic. I secretly prayed that she doesn't get gassy because I don't want any of that getting in my face. I mean I couldn't run and I could barely look away the only view i had was her butt and her size eight boots. The room below suddenly went silent. I couldn't hear a thing. Finally, she lowered herself into the next room. she gestured for me to climb down. 'I've never used this before" I texted her.

"Just tie the rope around your waist then secure it with the clip and slide down the way I did. I slowly inched my way down. As I neared the floor I couldn't help but grin like a fool I did it, just before I could lower myself again I lost grip of the rope and fell back flat onto the ground.

Quickly April covered my mouth firmly muffling my scream. "shhh, I'm sorry you'll get the hang of it just don't scream ok?" she slowly lifted her hand and helped me up.

I know it was only a few inches above the ground but my back felt like i had fallen off a three-story building. " I thought we were going to have a stakeout, not a break and entry" I complained. The room was pitch black.

"I've been watching them for years it's boring, trust me"

"look!" she gasped pointing to the center of the room. A web of bright red laser beams surrounded the stone. I almost drooled staring at it. The beryl was a bright sparkly green-ish, blue-ish color. It was bigger than I imagined it to be. "it's not red" April sighed pouting dramatically.

"I wonder if we can get a closer look" she smirked.

I nodded still enchanted by the beauty of the stone.

She typed multiple codes into her signal jammer before one buy one the red beams disappeared.

"Quick that will only buy us about twenty minutes "she whispered. As soon as the last beam was disabled the stone changed color it instantly turned a deep crimson.

"what did you do!?" I gasped. April's jaw drooped at the site. "no, nothing I swear I just killed the sensors." she stuttered.

We slowly crouched down near the stone.

"it's really pretty" I whispered.

"I don't believe its real!" April mumbled, "why do think it goes from green to red?"

"cause it called the bloodstone" I whispered back. "ohhhh," she said, absentmindedly.

I raised my hand to touch the glass. "no don't!" April hissed. It was too late but the glass, it split into a million pixels then reformed

"a hologram!" April's eyes sparkled, as she reached out to touch the glass as well.

Beep beep beep went April's timer. "Come on we only have five minutes before the sensors and cameras turn back on" she said as she stood up.
'so I came all this way to stare at a fake stone?' the glass is fake so the stone cant is real too, can it?'

As April grabbed the backpack I quickly placed my hand on the stone.

A shrieking siren went off, "ALERT ALERT! Security breach in setion4 room 14" a mechanic voice repeated a thousand times.

"what have you done!?" April yelled grabbing my arm.

"I thought you disabled everything!?" I yelled back the stone's glow intensified, it felt ice cold and I was stuck, my hand, I was stuck I couldn't move it.

Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall toward us. April tugged even harder at my hand. "get it off come on we need to get out of here!" she yelled desperately. "I cant it's stuck!" I cried panicking. suddenly i felt like a thousand volts of electricity was coursing through my body. I felt nauseous. The closer the footsteps got, the more we panicked, my dorm room was all I could think of. " April leave save yourself just go!"

"no! I'm not leaving you here I dragged you into this!" she cried. I grabbed onto April's arm tightly. A bright light accompanied by thick smoke filled the room as the agents broke down the door.

I slowly opened my eyes, my head was spinning, I turned to see April lying on the floor beside me. I squinted my eyes and glanced around. I was in my room???

*****************************************************************

"Sam, Sam wake up!" I slowly lifted my heavy eyelids. "Sam, Sam come on get up or we'll be late!" Molly begged as she tried to pull me out of bed.

"Late for what we don't have classes till 2 PM" I groaned.

"didn't you hear? we've been called to assemble in the grand hall urgently so you better get up and get changed."

I nearly jumped out of bed at the news. Wait a minute I'm in my favorite PJ's i wasn't wearing this last night. the room was neat and clean. I dropped down and searched under my bed for my parcel. "it's gone!" I gasped. I swear I received a parcel yesterday or was it all a dream?

"Sam!" Molly folded her arms angrily and gestured to my closet.

Thousands of students lined up according to their classes. Professor Douglas moved to the podium as Molly and I snuck in and found our row.

"good morning Beryl house academy."
"Good morning professor" . All the girls greeted in unison.

" as some of you may or may not know, last night we suffered another attack in which one of our schools' most prized possessions was threatened." I swallowed hard and tried my best to act as surprised as all the other girls, I caught a glance of April on my far right she was calm and 'shocked'.

The professor raised her hand silencing everyone. "we suspect this might have been an attack from the stone hart academy. luckily no one was injured, as a result, we are tightening our security features. because nothing was stolen and no one was injured during this attack we can not deprive you of your winter break however, I expect and hope that all of you will be extra vigilant during your break. Your protectors will be assigned to you before you leave today to stay safe during your break, that is all you are dismissed."