Mine Your Own Business

"Jack! Where are you?! Team Prime has been looking for you since you weren't at home. Arcee is driving me up the wall! Wait what are you contacting me with? Jack, this isn't your phone." Ratchet was typing profusely at the keys. Hitting them harder doesn't make them work any better.

"On Farcry's ship. Listen Ratchet, head to the mine, the one where we were planning on taking. I'm going there." He told Ratchet.

"Wait Jack-"

Ratchet slammed his fist on the table next to him. The call cut out. "Optimus, I found Jack. He said he was going to the mine."

"On my way."

Optimus had the bots gathered to go to the mine. Ratchet voiced his opinion. "Optimus, this may just be a trap."

"I know old friend. But a risk I am willing to take." He told the team. He really did care about Jack. More than anyone would know.

Ratchet bridged the team to base and then opened it next to the mine.

Last they saw there were two guards. But it was now clear. Optimus lead the way, followed by Ratchet and the rest. Raph was back at base operating the bridge for Ratchet. Miko had detention, again.

The bots rounded the corner to see Farcry and Jack talking, a few dozen Decepticon bodies surrounded them. A bit of energon pooling at Farcry's peds. Jack was standing off to the side, as to not get his shoes drenched in an aliens "blood".

Farcry heard the steps and turned to see them. Like elephant marching in a parade.

"Jack! What is going on?" Arcee came marching forwards. Servos clenched and optics burning holes in the human.

She turned to Farcry. "Taking on a mine is one thing, but endangering my partner is another! Right Optimus?!"

Optimus looked as Arcee looked for backup. He nodded, keeping an optic on him "Indeed Arcee, endangering my team I will not have you doing."

Farcry nodded. "Fair enough. But I got the job done that was needed and we both benefited from it."

He pointed to Jack. "Still got all eight of his limbs. Right Jack!"

He took a step forward. "Had Jack not notified me to this glorious mine they would have had it shipped out by now. Speaking of by now. The reports are overdue. The Nemesis will be here in an hour or so."

The bots looked at each other. Her questioned him. "How do you know?"

"One of the cons told me." His voice went darker.

Bulkhead rolled his optics. "Fat chance! Why would a Decepticon tell you anything, unless you are one."

Farcry crossed his arms and threw his head back. He let out a forced laugh. Then got serious once again. "They squeal pretty fast if you know what to do."

The Autobots made faces of disgust or of disagreement. That is not how a bot operates! Optimus clearly voiced that. "We do not use torture methods to extract information. It will be used as a last resort only."

Farcry positioned his peds so one was in front of the other. The back ped's heel aligned with the toe of the ped in front.

"Well I'm not part of this 'we', am I now?" Farcry stepped off to the side. He didn't like Arcee being on his right like that. Trying to box him in. Just like the gangs back at Cybertron!

"You got the energon, I got my share, I think I'm gonna clean the mess and leave." He told Optimus.

He walked to the pile of corpses and opened a bridge. He had a lot of cleaning to do. Arcee approached him.