5 Weeks In

Farcry sat on the edge of a berth. Ratchet scolding him about how careless he was as he pulled shrapnel from his back. One of Starscream's missiles had exploded too close for comfort, knocking him forwards. Not the first encounter with the cons. It had been his 8th encounter. If Megatron didn't know he was here then reports weren't being filed.

Ratchet gave him a light pat on the upper back. "Just try not to do that again."

Farcry stood up and smiled. Not that anyone could see it. "Thank you Ratchet. Team Prime really does owe you."

Ratchet gave him a questioning look. Optics squinted and lips firmly pressed together. "Just doing my job."

As he walked down the hall he remembered he almost crushed Jack's female carrier. What was it? Mucker? Mother! Yeah. He laughed to him self. He didn't know she was there. He only knew of 3 humans. Not a fourth.

Farcry walked to his room he saw Optimus. They said hello and went on their ways but Farcry decided to cover a topic he really didn't want to.

"Hey Optimus, can I talk to you? Alone." He pointed to his room.

The prime followed him. For some unknown reason he thought about doing something bad. He could take the Prime's head and run to Lord Megatron. He surely could overpower him. As if being friends never existed. Catch him off guard. Tell him the pipe up top was leaking and when Prime looked up he'd kill him.

"Are you Alright?" The question brought him out of his thoughts and he nodded. Still not looking at the leader. Times like these he was thankful his optic was not showing.

"I, I feel you should know what I did. You all know I was a very special Decepticon. But I was a spy. I was similar to Madeshift. Except better. I had everything where I was." He was sitting on his berth. Optimus sitting on a crate he dragged in for a seat a few days ago.

"Why did you betray them?" Optimus leaned in. Waiting a response.

"We committed mass genocide on a planet for being less than cybertronian. They were allies but Lord Megatron ordered it and we followed through. I was in charge of leading them. I saw what I did and ran. That's the simple route." His knee was bouncing up and down uncontrollably.

Farcry looked at the prime. "Why do you accept me? I've lied and cheated my way though life. Especially the Autobots. To get information and kill them when they needed me. I.... I manipulated them with false relationships and... and emotions. Why help someone like me?" Farcry's breathing patterns became unstable. He had his helm being held up by quivering servos. The Prime heard an audible gulp.

Optimus placed a servo on the ex con's shoulder, comforting him the best he could.. "Some times the right path is not always the obvious one."

There was a clang of a mask hitting the floor. Landing between the two mechs sitting across from each other. Optimus would be lying if he said he wasn't curious as to why he wore the mask. But curiosity could wait.

Before Farcry looked up he spoke softly. A whisper Optimus almost couldn't hear. "Don't pretend. I know. It's not nice."

When he looked up there was a gaping hole where his right optic should be. His denta exposed on the right side. Chunk of face missing and drooping. By the looks of it the heat did that. "The DJD."

He traced his servo over the scars. He felt the hole in his face. "I mainly where the mask to protect the hole in my face but it serves as better looking. More aesthetically appealing than this."

Optimus's face was long. He'd never met a DJD survivor. They'd always did their job. Never let anyone go. "How did you survive?"

Farcry shrugged. "Luck? I don't know. I honestly don't. I can only remember bits and pieces. Bucking a body off me. Running like hell. Punching someone. Not sure who though. Then a medical facility. Neutrals. Had no clue where I was from or who I was."