First Time For Everything

A/N I changed the last bit so the humans never left and June never came.

"Wait what!?" Jack questioned as he looked at Ratchet who was fiddling with a needle. More precisely a mnemosurgen's needle.

"I though the same thing. Jack. But these needles tap into the the brain module intercepting electrical signals. Same as the human mind. The only changes would be the brain. we are working on an eletro-chemical level." Ratchet looked at the others.

Arcee shook her head. A needle that size in a human brain would kill them. Like sticking a pole though his head." She told Ratchet.

"Yes well I'm working on that!" He told her. "Technically regular needles will do. Anything to conduct electrical signals. The computer can sort it out and transfer temporary consciousness into another's mind." He told her. Ratchet slammed the needle down.

"Time is of the essence and I don't want to take a 42% chance of him living." Ratchet was leaning against the control panel.

"We don't even know if Jack would do it. Besides Bee's already been in Megatron's mind. Why not send him?" Arcee said.

Bee shot a questioning look at her. "Once, and he took over my body!" He beeped out.

"Guys I'm right here." Jack said, waving his arms. He relaxed and looked at Farcry. "Yes, I'll do it. He's done so much for the Autobots. I can do this."

Ratchet looked to Jack. Then started getting things ready.

Ratchet was in his holoform. He held out 3 needles. "Made of cybertronian metals. They can go through a skull. We plan on knocking you out first." Ratchet explained.

Jack nodded. "Umm, what's up with this new form?"

Ratchet looked at him. "Nothing. Farcry made it in his spare time. Didn't think I'd be using it to save his life." Jack nodded. Then poked the medic.

"Yes I'm completely tangible in this form!" Shooing away Jack's hand. "I attached the wiring to the needles and rerouted them to the computer. From there I connected the patch to the computer. That should allow a transfer."

Arcee looked at Ratchet's holoform. "Should?"

"Yes I'm 95% sure it will work." He told her.

"95%?! I want 100%."

Ratchet sigh. "I was 85% sure it would work when you and Bee infiltrated the Nemesis and went into his mind."

Jack looked at the two of them. "95% is plenty. Let's do it."

Arcee stepped forward. "What about the anesthetics? Scrap! June is going to flip when she hears about this."

"Which is why I have not informed her if our situation. As far as she knows Farcry is in critical condition and that's it." He said.

The others called for a groundbridge and Ratchet was forced to deactivate his holoform.

The bots and humans rolled through. Miko ran up to Jack. "You stay the night or something?"

"Something like that." He said. Still thinking on the plan.

"You want to play anything? might get your mind off things." Miko asked. Handing him a controller. He pushed it away. "Not in the mood Miko. Maybe later."

He got up and walked to Ratchet and Farcry. He'd soon be in his mind if all went according to plan. "Hey Ratchet. How is Farcry?"

"Stable. But still dying." Ratchet put a servo on Farcry and looked away. "I simply cannot do anything else." The last of his words being forced out.