Prologue

As the lore goes, fairytale characters are born to relive their parents lives.
At least as well as they can given their new circumstances.
The most popular of these stories being that of Snow White and the seven dwarves.

In this retelling, the son of Prince Charming and Cinderella is to be wed to the currently unborn daughter of Snow White and her prince.

That summer, when the child was born, both kingdoms were shocked to find that the unborn princess was actually a prince.

All except the infant Charming son had millions of questions.

"Who could possibly be the next heir?"
"Perhaps you must have another child?"

But no. For the magic book of fairytales appeared before them, showing them of two young boys, walking hand in hand with big smiles on their faces.

Queen Snow White sighed as she realized this was fate. "I shall name him Jack," she says finally. "After my late father."
"A wonderful choice your majesty," said one of the dwarves.
"Yes! We will help him grow into a fine young man," another agrees.

Snow White's husband smiles and nods, though he doesn't completely understand why the dwarves need to be present.

Much later, the sleeping prince lay snug in his crib, next to an open window.
An old woman with a wicked grin looks up over the windowsill at the young boy. She then climbs quietly into the room, not a single sound leaves her as she stares at what will become her child's next enemy.

But she frowns. A son? But that doesn't make sense. There's supposed to be a little girl here. Why is the next princess a boy?
Steaming with confused rage, she decides to create a new curse.

On the boys eighteenth birthday, just a short time before his wedding day, the boy will be cursed to be unable to speak until true loves kiss can break the spell.

But an arranged marriage cannot be love can it? Especially not between two boys.