Disaster (Disaster, Disaster)

"Dad!" Alex calls as he rushes through the crowds of people.

His parents and Jack's parents appear bored as they sit at their table.
"What the hell is happening here?" Alex exclaims. "Jack just fell into a coma and you're all just sitting here? Where the hell is he?"
"Alex dear, he's just asleep," his mother says. "Have a seat, enjoy the party."
"Enjoy the party? Are you fucking insane?"
"Alexander," says his father sternly. "Don't use that tone with your mother."
"My true love is in a fucking coma and all you care about is my tone?"

His father is about to say something but Snow White waves him off. "Alexander, my dear, Jack will be fine. I speak from experience. He doesn't even know he's in a coma."
"This is his worst nightmare," Alex explains. "Just tell me where he is?"
"I'm afraid we can't do that, son," his father tells him. "This is part of our plan."
"What fucking plan?"
"The one where we keep the two of you apart of course," says Jack's mom. "We can't have two gays running around ruling kingdoms, you know."
Alex blinks. "You- you.... what?"

Alex backs away slowly from the four newfound enemies. He shakes his head as he stares at the people who were supposed to love him and his fiancé no matter what. Then he runs out of the ballroom as fast as he can, unsure of where to find Jack, but positive that he knows where to find a few friends who might know how to help.

—————

Alex practically dives through the portal to wonderland in search for Rian. He can't do this alone. He needs help. He needs Jack.
But Rian and Zack will have to do for now.

Wonderland is a strange sort of place where everything is just a little... off. There's checkerboard patterns in the grass—or at least Alex thinks that's grass—and the clouds are quite literally made of cotton candy. Paper cones and all.
Alex wipes the sweat and tears from his face as he speeds through the unfamiliar lands of wonderland
But he finds himself hopelessly lost in a hedge maze before he gets too far.

Alex cries out into the night—or... day??? Depends on if you're at his right or at his left. He curls up against one of the hedges and just lets out his emotions. Jack could be anywhere. He could be dead for all Alex knows. This is hopeless.

—————

Jack wakes up in a room covered in vines and thorns and... apple trees?
He remembers the apple and his parents and Alex calling his name. But.... nothing else. There's no one here. Just him.

He tries to call out Alex's name but his voice still doesn't work. Jack doesn't know if he's even alive right now.

Jack walks to the window as tears threaten to fall. He's in a tower surrounded by nothing but creepy forest made entirely out of dead trees.
He chokes back a sob as he sits down on the windowsill.

He promised, Jack thinks. He promised he'd be there.