Epilogue

The history books of today talk about the greatest rulers the country had ever seen. A strong king and a wise queen, who ruled by his side as his equal. They won many battles, and continued the dynasty, a dynasty that lasted for hundreds of years.

The kingdom knew them as a loving couple, they were known as a royal pair that truly loved each other, that was a rare thing. Their son inherited the throne after them, ruling with the wisdom and knowledge that his parents had given him in the years leading up to his rule. The country had never been more prosperous.
~~~
"Excuse me for being so bold your highness, but can you please keep your Princess under control"
The foreign painter gritted his teeth as the subjects of his painting would not stay still. Well only one of them.

The little princess who was only four years old, giggled in a somewhat maniacle way as she snatched the toy soldier from her older brothers arms. Her blue eyes sparkled as she dangled it above whilst standing on a chair. The oldest prince watched as his two younger siblings squabbled loudly and he sighed and rolled his eyes judgingly. He was only 9 years old but he acted as an adult, he like to boss his younger siblings around and act like his siblings were his own children. He was the perfect heir to the throne and the apple of his mother's eye.

His mother was trying to hold in a laugh as she held her sleeping baby son in her arms, who somehow managed to not hear the commotion going on as the children screamed, the painter growled and his mother laughed.

Suddenly the door of the studio burst open and the King burst through, quickly straitening his clothing and smoothing his hair.
"Sorry I'm late everyone, court ran overtime."
He looked at the scene of the painting studio and sighed, just like his eldest son had done only minutes before.

"Genevieve, give your brother back his toy and sit down."
Kalian said quietly but sternly. His daughter hung her head and stuck out her lip in a rather theatrical way.

"Yes Papa."

Kalian sat in a throne next to his wife, his hand on top of hers on the armchair. They gazed into each others eyes for a while before realising they were meant to be posing and looked back to the painter. The painter just chuckled to himself at the royal couple who were still very much in love after many years together. The King has not taken any mistrisses for 10 years as one might expect a king to do.

His daughter sat in his lap, His eldest son stood to his side, his hand at the top of the chair back. Kalians second eldest sat on the floor in between his two parents feet.

"Aaaaaaah perfect, thank you, your highnesses."
Exclaimed the painter, and he dipped his brush into the pot of paint and began to paint.
~~~
In the great hall of the royal palace,  the official family portrait shows a family, a normal one, no matter if they are royal or not, no fancy big robes like the royal families of other realms, no crowns. Just the clothing they wore everyday and love in their eyes. A normal couple who gaze into each others eyes with the purest love and children that look happy to be apart of a family that dotes upon them.

But next to it is a portrait of the wise queen, and every tour guide and descendent, whenever showing guests around, mention the particular little detail of the freckles across her nose.