Chapter 24:Where the madness ends

With everyone gathered, we began to walk. Our objective was to destroy the barrier but while it seemed simple, I still couldn't figure out how. So after some time of us walking and having quick chats, I looked at Asgore, to ask him a question.

Y/n: Asgore?

He turned his head toward me.

Asgore : Yes?

Y/n: Do you know how to break the barrier?

He looked at me for a second, with a hint of worry before looking forward.

Asgore: 7 human souls... I...I only have 6 of them as of now....

He looked down, ashamed as the others were being silent.

Y/n: So I'm the seventh...

He nods as we kept walking.

Y/n: Is it possible to...you know...absorb souls?

He looked at me with a serious expression.

Asgore: It is possible....but....

He sighed as I nodded.

Y/n: I'll die right?

He just silently nodded as I could hear the others talk to each others

Y/n: Well, I mean, it's not like I have anyone waiting for me at the surface so yeah.

Asgore: But.... still....we don't want you to leave us....so...

Y/n: Don't worry about that

Asgore: Are you sure you are ready for that?

I chuckled

Y/n: No, but we still have to do it.

We were now entering the castle as I let Asgore lead the way. We walked through a hall, it was as if the was a sun outside, the windows gave a yellowish glow. As we were walking through it, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw that undyne was looking at me.

Undyne: So you're gonna risk your life huh?

Y/n: Kinda yeah.

Undyne: You punk... I don't want you to leave m- US

She quickly looked away and Papyrus sped up to walk alongside me.

Papyrus: HUMAN, I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPENING BUT THANKS FOR WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING FOR US, SANS SAYS I SHOULDN'T ASK WHY YOU MIGHT BE GONE AFTERWARD SO THANKS!!!

Y/n: Hehe, no prob buddy

Feels weird...until now, I was never dying, it always was restarting... It's finally it huh? It's where I die....
I guess it's ok, at least they'll be safe.
I must have been zoning out because I bumped into Asgore who was giving me a worried stare.

Asgore: You're sure that you are ready?

Y/n: Y-Yeah, I mean it's not like we have any other choices

I sighed as he opened a big door. Behind it was a throne, surrounded by a bed of yellow flowers. It feels weird....

Y/n: I feel like I forgot something....

A flower stood out, it had a...face...

Y/n: Flowey...

Flowey gave a creepy smile.

Flowey: This is usually where I'd kill all of you and collect the 7 souls buuut, seeing as the scenario is new, I'll just follow you all.

Y/n: Wait a second....