Chapter 29: Preparing ones fate

We were standing there, in an awkward silence as Sans was looking at Gaster with daggers in his eyes.

Sans: You.....

He walked up to gaster and grabbed him by his suit, pulling his face at his height.

Sans: You splitted his soul???

Gaster removed Sans' hand off of him and took a step back, still having that weird facial expression.

Gaster: It was the only way to get back here.... And he did not sustain any remarkable damages so it's alright.

Sans: Alright? YOU THINK IT'S ALRIGHT???

He sighed heavily and sat down on the ground.

Sans: Whatever, we don't have time to argue....

Y/n: Gaster....can you like.... feel... Chara?

He layed his right hand under his chin, thinking.

Gaster: No.... But I can feel disturbances.... So in a way.... I could predict when she'll appear... But I'm not sure

Y/n: At least we have an idea where she might spawn...

Sans: The mountain? But what if she noticed you two going back in the past? Wouldn't she change her plans?

I scratched the back of my head as I awkwardly chuckled.

Y/n: That's the thing, we don't know what she knows. So for all we are able to say, we can't really make suppositions on what actions she'll take ...

Sans: We have to wait and see then... But maybe we should warn everyone and get them out of here quickly...

Gaster: Yeah. We should also get the peoples who can fight with us...

Y/n: No.

They turned their head toward me, with a confused look.

Gaster: Why?

Y/n: I mean.... Yeah, it could be smart to get allies to fight alongside us but.... Sans, you're the only one that knew about the resets and Gaster you come from the void with superior knowledge.... If we get other peoples to fight.... It'll become harder to save the maximum of peoples.

Sans: The kid's right, we can't risk them getting killed, it would make chara stronger.... If it's only the three of us, we might win.

Gaster suddenly poked my shoulder, I looked at him.

Gaster: we also need to make you able to freely use those stocked souls you have... Try to summon them.

I gave him a quick questioning glare before understanding what he asked. I then proceeded to close my eyes and meditate, looking for those souls.

I managed to enter my mind space.... I was looking for.... Souls... How do I find them....

I tried to focuse on anything that I could feel..... And I felt it... A warm feeling.
As I reached out my hand toward the source of the warmth, I was brought back to my senses as I opened my eyes and saw the two of them giving me a weird look.

Y/n: What is it?

Gaster: you managed to get the souls... But.... You look kinda different now...

Y/n: ....How so?

Sans teleported away and came back soon after with a mirror.
He gave it to me as I looked at my reflexion.

My skin became as white as paper and my eye colour changed to purple...

Y/n: N-not to much has changed haha, it's alright...

Sans: Yeah... It's only your skin colour and eyes that changed....

Gaster: I'm rather surprised that only that changed, I was expecting a drastic change.... But now that this is done, we should get to work...

We went outside.

Y/n: How are we gonna proceed?

Sans: ..... I don't know...

Gaster: I thought about using our powers to mind control them into getting out of the town.

Y/n: And how do we do that?

He pondered for a bit as Sans and I looked at each others. Sans just shrugged and I looked back at gaster.

Gaster: Sans...

Sans: Yes?

Gaster: I need you to get us in the air. You can use your blaster for that.

Sans: Ok

A giant skull appeared out of thin air.

Y/n: What is that?

Sans: A Gaster blaster... And your ride

Gaster: A nice name for a cool blaster.

We climbed on the skull as sans motioned it to fly upward.

We stoped in the air. Gaster layed his hand on my shoulder.

Gaster: I'm gonna use your energy to control them. Don't worry, it won't tire you out.

His hand glowed as I felt some of my power leave my body. It was barely noticeable but it worked. I don't have a clue what he was doing but I could see peoples down there leaving the town.

After a few minutes, gaster sat on the skull and took back his hand.

Gaster: done.

The skull flew down and stoped a few centimeters away from the ground. We got off of the skull and sans looked at us with his usual lazy smile.

Sans: What now?

Y/n: We have to wait until she shows up...

Gaster: all the peoples are walking out of the town right now, it would be preferable for her to show up a bit late-

We all heard a loud but low and distant sound.
We turned toward the mountain to see that.... She had already made it disappear.

Y/n: This is bad....

Sans: Brace yourselves, we don't know how strong she might be!

We got into defensive stances, waiting for her to come.

We saw someone walking toward us.... It was her... Chara.

She still had that wicked smile.... And those inhuman eyes that send shivers down my spine...

Chara: You did something didn't you?

She walked faster.

Chara: It doesn't matter...

I summoned the souls to protect us from an upcoming attack.

But her smiled got wicker as she saw that... Her voice became distorted as she slowly became less and less human... She was more like a demon right now.

Chara: YoU'rE gOnNa DiE aNyWaY...

She rushed at us, I braced myself for the impact but it never came. The only thing I saw, was her going behind us and rushing further away .... She wasn't planning to hit us.....

She was planning to kill them first.

We turned around.... I saw the town in flames.... Again....

I had failed to protect them, once more....

A/n: I could make a joke about me being late but you already know that one XD anyway, hope you liked the chapter, see ya!