9

Myla in the mm!
Excuse the mistakes

Tink

I wince harshly as I watched the blood drip onto the floor. Carefully sitting the blade down on the bathroom counter, I leaned back onto the wall and slid down it, breaking down all over again.

It's been about a week since Ke'Andre's death. I haven't been to school at all and I know i'm way behind on loads of work.

Here I am becoming the person that Dre never wanted me to be.

Dre walked into his best friend; Yazier bedroom with a walmart bag in his right hand. Dre and I were staying with him until he saved up enough money to get us our own place.

"Wassup Tinker Bell" Dre kisses my forehead as he sat beside me, handing me the walmart bag.

"Daila helped me..imma nigga ion kno bout pads or tampons" He nervously laughed. Daila was one of his female friends.

I smiled at him before playing with my fingers in my lap.

"Tink I been needing to talk to you.." His face became serious as I stared at him quietly "You know I love you right? And i'll never let anything happen to you..ever. If anything happen to me I want you to continue following your dreams. I want you to still grow up and be that famous artist you've always wanted to be. Just because i'm not here don't mean stop your life alright?" I nodded

"I don't want you to leave tho Dre...you have to be here forever. Why can't you just stop dealing drugs?" My voice cracked as I spoke softly. Tears were now streaming down my face.

"I have to make sure we eat and keep a roof over our head. Yazier isn't gonna let us stay for long." He sighs deeply before hugging me

"Just promise me that when i'm not here you won't turn into a depressed teen? Don't change who you are babygirl" He kisses my forehead as I nodded "I promise"

I lied to him...

Knock
Knock
Knock

I continued to lay in my bed, ignoring the knocking. Whoever it was needed to leave me alone.

"Tink I know your in there open up!" Myla's voice was heard from on the other side of the door "bitch cmon it's cold!"

"Why haven't you been at school? Everyone been talking about how you got locked up and shit. What's going on?" She walked inside quickly. I closed the door, locking it.

I only stared at her as my face turned red and I broke down again. This was starting to get annoying as hell! I'm not used to crying like this and I just wanted it all to stop.

"My brother was killed...Myla, h-he died in my arms! Right there!" I shouted while pointing to the spot that was once soaked in blood.

I was able to get the carpet replaced 2 days after the incident but it felt like I could still see the blood in the carpet.

Myla hugged me tightly while rubbing my back "I'm so sorry babes" She mumbled.

"Deontae asked about you..." She whispered as we sat on the couch. I shook my head while wiping my tears.