Chapter 21- Dinner

I stared at my ceiling for the next half hour thinking about what Jack told me. I wish I knew before how much he was struggling, I'd try to help him.Why didn't he tell me that when he first moved here? We were friends back then he could have told me, but then again he obviously had trust issues and he definitely didn't trust me.

I got up and realized that I have 20 minutes to get ready for dinner. I quickly took a shower and started doing my makeup trying to cover up my dark circles.

I look horrible.

My phone started ringing and it was Nicky.

"Hello," I said

"Ivy omg please come back." She said and I rolled my eyes. I know what is she about to say.

"I fucking hate Dominic, he won't leave me alone, he brought his things to my room and said he can't sleep alone because he's afraid of the dark."

"Do you want me to have nightmares?" I heard Dominic screaming.

I started laughing "okay, how do you usually sleep alone if you're so scared? " I asked him when Nicky put me on the speaker.

"Who said I sleep alone?" He sad and I know he's smirking right now.

"Ewww, of course, you're not." Said Nicky.

"You have dirty mind Nicky, I don't sleep with girls that is not in my comfort zone. Usually, Jack lets me sleep in his room."

"I always knew you two are close, but I didn't know you sleep with him." Nicky said and started laughing "That's kinda gay." She added.

"Woah so you can't sleep with girls, why are you trying to sleep in Nicky's room then?" I asked.

"I'm desperate, okay?" He said and I started laughing again.

He needs help.

"Fine. Sleep on the damn floor then and don't make any noises and don't snore, I'm a light sleeper." Nicky said

"God, that's why you called me."

"Sorry, are you having fun there?" She asked

"It's boring, can't wait to come back," I said

"Miss me already? " Dominic asked.

"Can't live without you." I said sarcastically "I have to get ready for the dinner, I'll call you later." I said and quickly got dressed.

I went to our living room where my dad, Jack, and his mom were waiting for me.

"Oh look who decided to show up." She said.

"Shut up," I said and rolled my eyes.

It took her by surprise and she just stared at me in shock.

I'm usually always very polite when I talk to her even tho she's been a bitch towards me all the time. Now that I don't live with her anymore and don't have to see her every day I don't want to act all cute and polite.

"Ivy, that's rude, apologize." My dad said

"Or what, you're not gonna take me to the boring dinner with you?" I said. No way I'd ever apologize to her.

I looked at Jack for a second and he was smirking at me "yea please can I stay home too?" He asked

His mom looks pissed but my dad started laughing " oh I see what it is, you think only adults will be there and it'll be boring? " he asked and I nodded.

Duh.

"Don't worry, most of your old classmates are invited to dinner with their parents." He said and my smile disappeared.

"I'm definitely not going," I said.

"Why?" Bitch asked me and smirked.

"Because thanks to your lovely son everyone hates me," I said and smiled back at her. My dad looked at me in shock and I could see bitch was struggling to keep her face from frowning.

Jack rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, I tried to pull back but he pulled me closer and whispered " I'm gonna shut them up if they say something. Don't worry."

"What are you two whispering?" my dad asked.

"Nothing, let's go." He said and I just stared at him in shock.

I just don't know how to act around him anymore, it's weird now that I know so many things about him.

20 minutes later we arrived at Sarah's house and let me tell you something, those were the most awkward 20 minutes of my life.

Jack kept staring at me and I tried to look at anything except him.

Should I talk to him, should I keep ignoring him like I usually do or should I take advantage of this dinner and try to prove him I'm not who he thinks I am. My old classmates are here and even tho I want to rip my hair out right now and run as far as possible from them, I have better plans.

My dad and his bitch started talking with their friends and Jack stayed close to me while I walked towards drinks. I'm gonna need it. A lot of it.

People started greeting Jack and looking at him weirdly because he has his hand on my lower back. I smiled at everyone and took Jack's hand in mine just because it's fun to see them confused.

Jack knew what I was doing and started laughing. "We can make this night much more fun If you want to." He whispered.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

He was about to answer when Stacy (school whore) hugged him.

"Jack baby I missed you so much." She said with her squeaky voice.

He hugged her back and she looked at me and his hand in mine. "Ew, get away from him." She said and grabbed his hand.

"Or what?" I took his hand again. And I could see Jack found this very amusing.

"He could get some disease just by touching you." She said and scrunched her nose.

"Aww look who's talking, everyone in our school saw both of us naked, but the difference is that they saw me on the picture, and you slept with everyone. Everyone. So who should he be worried about getting the disease from?" I said.

She opened her mouth to say something but Jack stopped her. "Stacey cut the crap and annoy someone else."

She looked shocked but quickly walked away.

"Why are you so feisty tonight? " he asked

"I can't stand those people," I said and took bootle of the campaign and drank from it.

He started laughing, I was about to ask him what's funny but I looked around and everyone had glass in their hand and only I drank from the bottle like an idiot.

Classy. Real classy ivy.

Well, tonight's gonna be fun. I'll attempt to annoy everyone here and find out who told Jack all these lies about me and why. I'm not gonna stop until I found out.