Chapter 3

I woke up that morning happy and ready to take on the day. I cleansed my face and just put my hair in a simple bun. I threw on some sweatpants and a tank top. I didn't have to dress all fancy until later tonight for the performance so I didn't care. I headed down to eat breakfast and I saw Cher. I went over and sat by her. She kept asking for details about mine and Liam's conversation but I didn't say anything about it because there was nothing to discuss. After breakfast, on my way to vocal lessons, I told Alyssa to pack her bags for the weekend because she was flying out to see me tomorrow until Sunday night. She was so excited you have no idea. Well, I arrived to vocal lessons and Savan told me that I have real competition so I have to sing my best tonight if I want to make it through. I warmed up pretty well, and I sang that song like I'm the one who wrote it. I think it's the feeling of having more friends and stuff that is making me so much stronger.

I chilled in my room for a couple hours. I tweeted a bit, and then sat on Facebook. I noticed that my friends from back home made a fan page for me. It had 3,000 likes! Wow! This is all just amazing. I tweeted about it and that fan page just made the rest of my day. At 6 pm I went down to costume and hair and make up. I put on a short, black, silk dress that the X Factor provided and my hair was spiral curled. I had cat eyes and large false lashes. I looked like a barbie. My brown hair was perfect. I wonder how the hair stylist did it.

Well in about an hour I was on stage waving to thousands of people. They all stood clapping and whisteling. The three judges greeted me with a "Hello." And I smiled and waved. The music started playing. I clapped my hands and tapped my foot to the beat. I felt professional. I felt like I've been doing this for years. I sang and I sang and I sang. At the end I bowed and waved with a huge smile on my face.

"That was the best performance all night, I have to say." Louis said, looking pleased.

"I'm going to have to agree with Louis on that one!" Simon said still clapping.

"Truly outstanding, Lucie!" Cheryl said smiling.

The host of the show said "To vote for Lucie please text "Lucie" to '224224'. Thank you."

I waved and headed off the stage. One stage crew member pulled up a chair for me and another brought me some water. I sat and rested. I realized that Liam was up next. His performance was actually quite good. I clapped and when he came off I hugged him and said good job. He smiled and went to his dressing room.

That night I cleaned up my dorm. "Hey Cher, what are your plans for this weekend?"

"Oh, I'm going back home to see my mum and dad. Why do you ask?" She asked curiously.

"My friend is coming this weekend so I wanted to see if your bed would be open or not."

"Oh yeah, she can use it. Fine with me!" Cher smiled and then layed down to sleep.

I smiled back and also layed down. My phone buzzed from a text.

From Liam:

We still on for tomorrow night? Me, you, Niall, and your friend?

To Liam:

Yeah (: x

I fell asleep and dreamed something very weird. I dreamed that Liam and I were dating. We were cuddling at the movies and when the movie ended we got up holding hands while exiting the theatre. Before I went my seperate way we kissed. It was weird. I didn't tell anyone about it though. No one could know. I didn't even know why I had a dream like that. How weird.

Well every contestant had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off so I just slept in. Then I remembered that Alyssa was coming! Cher was already gone and the room was a mess. I quickly got up and cleaned. I jumped into the shower and when I got out I blow dryed my hair. I put on a pair of white jean shorts and a tye dye crop top with a black pair of converse. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner and a bit of mascara. I looked like a didn't even try to look good. Perfect.