Chapter 8

This week for XFactor, we had to dance. I went into dance lessons and was greeted by an instructor. She told me to stand in the second row and to stretch. I put my bag in the back and sat in a straddle, beggining my stretches. In walked Liam who waved to me, and then started coming my way.

"What row were you put in?" Liam asked smiling.

"Row two, how about you?"

"Row three," he frowned, "Well wanna grab something to eat afterwards?"

I grinned, "Sounds like a plan." We then both stood up as the instructor walked into the room.

"Now grasshoppers, get on your feet. My name is Ms. Berggison. Keep up with me as much as you can. Stand straight, but not like a stick. Stay focused. Stay balanced. Have facial expressions. If you follow all of those rules this dance unit will be a piece of cake for you. Let's start." She clapped her hands and everyone got in their place.

I looked next to me and Zayn was there. He smiled and waved and I did the same back. The music started and we began to dance. Everyone was doing pretty good except Zayn. He kept falling and was off beat. I turned to help him but before I could he ran out of the room. I saw Ms. Berggison's helper run off to find him. I was so confused. Why was he embarrassed? No one is good at everything. I just shook off the thought and continued to dance.

When the class was over, I got my bag and went to find Liam. Before I could exit, Ms. Berggison called me over.

"Did I do something wrong?" I turned my head to the side in confusion.

She laughed, "No, not at all. You just happen to be the best dancer in the class, Lucie. I noticed Zayn had a hard time and ran out so I want you to come in here every other day and practice with him. I want you to teach him how to dance."

Things were already awkward between Zayn and I, how was I going to do this?! "Erm, I don't think that's a goo-" She cut me off.

"Please, Lucie. It would mean a lot." She held her hands together.

"Sure, I guess."

"Thank you! Keep up the good work kiddo, be here tomorrow with Zayn. Bye."

I waved and left. As I walked down the hall, I scanned everywhere looking for Liam. Did he really leave without me? I continued to walk until I was picked up and swung around in a circle. It was Liam!

"Gah, I got you!" He said laughing, putting me back on the ground.

I laughed along, "You scared me!"

"Sorry babe," He kissed my forehead, "Let's go get something to eat."

We locked hands and went to Papa Johns Pizzaria. I ordered a slive of cheese pizza and he got pepperoni.

"So how was dance?" Liam asked, biting into his pizza.

"Alright, Ms. Berggison wants me to work with Zayn every other day on his dancing."

"That's good, he does need quite a bit of help. I'm not so good myself, but I'm good enough to make it through the unit."

I took a bite of my pizza, looking off at the ceiling. Liam has no idea that Zayn likes me. I don't want to ruin their friendship so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and pretend Zayn never said any of that stuff to me.

"You okay babe? You've been looking at the ceiling for 5 minutes."

"Yeah, sorry. I spaced out. Want to catch a movie after this?"

He sucked in, "I'm already going to hang out with the boys today. But, I can cancel if you want?"

"No no! You deserve a little guy time. Especially with your new band mates. I actually have things to do anyways that I forgot about. Have fun Liam. Bye." And without another word being said I got up and took a cab back to the house.