Chapter 2.4: Snow Fight!

"Whoa, look, there's snow over there." Emmy stated, gesturing to a mountain in the distance covered with snow. It was quite cold from how high up they were, but nothing like that.

"Yeah, you could probably go skiing over there." Sky added as they admired it. "Hey, guys, look." Zia nudged them as they looked over to see a Pokémon lying in the grass, taking a nap,

"It looks like a Chikorita. Professor Elm showed us a picture." The Luxray informed. The Pokémon was green with little dark green buds around it's neck. A big green leaf sprouted from the top of its head.

Chikorita: The Leaf Pokemon
A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays.

The Pokédex must've made too much noise as the Chikorita woke up, looking over at them defensively as it swung the leaf on its head around. Zia raised an eyebrow, this one's got some fighting spirit.

Normally, a Pokémon so small would run away at the slightest sound, but this one is choosing to stay and fight. Quite commendable, if you ask her. "Pfft. Docile, yeah right." Emmy mumbled.

"I don't think it's backing down." Sky stated. "If it wants a battle, who am I to resist? Time to get some experience, Rei." Zia said, sending out the Eevee. "Use swift." She started as he swung his tail, sending stars at the opponent.

It hit the Chikorita as it rolled backwards before landing on its feet, unaffected. "Now tackle." She continued. Rei charged and ran into the grass-type, sending it flying. However, it still got back up. Zia could tell this was a strong Pokémon.

It used a vine whip to smack Rei off to the side. Being the stubborn one he is, he got back up, but there was a red mark on his head. Zia chuckled as the Chikorita looked at her confused.

"You're a good battler. I'm impressed." She explained as the Pokémon blushed from the praise. Zia could see the bruises forming from her Eevee's tackle. The Chikorita was beginning to weaken, she could sense it. Rei was stronger than he looked. He could keep up with her other Pokémon despite being much younger.

She returned Rei before walking over just as the starter Pokémon collapsed. She picked it up and signaled for Sky and Emmy to follow her as she ran to the Pokémon Center. Giving the injured Pokémon to Nurse Joy, they waited outside as Joy worked on it.

About half an hour later, the doors opened as Nurse Joy stepped out. "How's Chikorita?" She immediately asked. "It'll be just fine." Joy answered with a small chuckle.

She then led them to where Chikorita was resting. "I've seen many a Chikorita just like this one. Around here, they're famous for being stubborn and picking fights with bigger, stronger opponents even when they know there's no way of winning." Joy informed them.

Suddenly, the doors to where the ambulances came in opened as two people dressed as paramedics wearing masks ran in. "We're here to take this Chikorita to our special intensive emergency care unit!" The male stated. "But-" "This is a critical condition! We don't have time to explain!" The female interrupted Nurse Joy as the two of them wheeled Chikorita out the doors.

Running after them, they watched the duo put the grass-type into the ambulance. "Excuse me. I haven't seen you before, where are the two of you from?" Joy questioned them suspiciously. Both froze and turned to look at them, their glasses glinting.

"We're from the team that causes trouble." The female stated. "I hope you're insured because we make it double." The male said as they threw off their paramedic uniforms, showing that they were actually Team Rocket.

"To protect the world from devastation." "To unite all peoples within our nation." "To denounce the evils of truth and love." "To extend our reach to the stars above." "Doctor Jesse." "Doctor James." "Team Rocket Doctors, blast off at the speed of light!" "Surrender now, because we're not making any more house calls." James ended as they posed on top of the ambulance.