Chapter 2.6: Flying High At Violet City Gym

"We're finally here!" Emmy cheered as they stood in front of the Violet City Gym.

"We can finally get the first gym badge." Zia agreed happily. She was excited to actually start her path to the Johto League. After leaving the school, she returned Rei who needed some much deserved rest after all that he went through yesterday. She probably won't use him this time around, but definitely the next gym for sure.

"Let's go inside." Sky said as they started walking. "Hold it, young lady." A female voice stopped them as they turned to see two people dressed in a white shirt and black bow tie. "We heard what you said and we have some questions for you." The woman said. "All challengers are required to participate in our little survey." The man explained.

Zia looked at them a little suspiciously. "What kind of survey? Who are you anyway?" She asked them. "We're associated with this gym, of course." The male answered. "Really? You look like ushers." Zia said, crossing her arms.

"We're not ushers! We're from the Pokémon Bureau." The lady replied haughtily. "What is that? I've never heard of that." Zia said, narrowing her eyes. You'd think as Champion of not only Kanto, but of this region, she'd have heard of a Pokémon Bureau. Lance would have told her as well, he actually did teach her things about being Champion along with the G-Men training.

The two looked at each other for a moment, their eyes showing nervousness. "I-it's new! Just been created." The woman tried to argue. "We have to be sure all challengers meet the standards of the Violet City Gym." The man spoke up.

Zia was getting more and more unnerved by this. Any government agency has to go through the Champion, meaning herself. Especially one concerning Pokémon. However, before she could question them further, they went on with their 'survey'.

"We'll start with this one." The woman stated, pulling Sky over as they inspected her. The Luxray looked very uncomfortable being stared at. "Too bad, another grade B Luxray." The red headed lady finally said, making both Zia and Sky glare at them, offended.

"It's buggy, bleary-eyed, and blubbery." The blue haired male added in. "It's a good thing we caught this Luxray before something terrible happened." The lady said, looking at Zia. "Sorry, but we'll have to confiscate it." The man said bluntly, pushing up the glasses on his face.

They then turned around and bolted off, carrying the electric-type between the two of them. "Oh no they did not." Zia growled out, realizing who it was immediately. They came back around, flying in their air balloon with Meowth now with them.

They said their motto, but all Zia cared about was Sky who was now trapped in a glass cage. Zia had half a mind to use her powers to blow the balloon up, but that was both risky for herself, as she didn't want to reveal her psychic abilities, and Sky, who might get hurt from it.

Zia really wished she had a flying-type as she watched the Luxray try a discharge. It did nothing to the glass surrounding her. "Hey, what's that?" Emmy asked, looking past the air balloon. Her trainer followed her gaze to see someone riding a hang glider. They had some kind of brown Pokémon on their back, its red eyes easily seen from down on the ground.

The man had blue hair and was wearing an all blue kimono. The man's owl-looking Pokémon flew over to Team Rocket and snatched up Sky's cage. Zia's eyes widened as its strength, it was able to pick up a 90 lbs Luxray.

Hoothoot: The Owl Pokémon
It has a perfect sense of time. Whatever happens, it keeps rhythm by precisely tilting its head in time.

As the Hoothoot carried the Luxray, its trainer went down for a landing. However, Jesse's Arbok used poison sting, creating tears in the hang glider. The trainer jumped from it as he then took ahold of the cage containing Sky. "Go, Pidgeot." He yelled, sending out the giant flying Pokémon and landing on it.