Chapter 2.5: A Tower Full of Tantrums

The trio of Zia, Sky, and Emmy has finally arrived in Violet City, where Zia's first gym battle in the Johto region will take place.

Rei has also accompanied them, wanting to stay out of his pokeball for a bit to get some air. That, and he wanted some affection from Zia, but he'd never admit that out loud. "So, where's the gym?" Emmy asked, looking around the spaced out town. The houses weren't stacked on top of each other, but it was still more populated than Pallet.

"It says it's a little north from here." Zia answered, looking down at her map. While they were discussing that, the Eevee was sniffing some flowers in a bed of soil someone had planted. He may seem very cold hearted to a lot of people and Pokémon, but he loves the simple things in life, and flowers are no exception.

"I wanna play with it!" "See how it's letting me hug it?" "I love Eevee." "Look how stretchy its ears are!" The Luxray, Serperior, and their trainer heard from behind as they turned to see two little kids manhandling Rei. The Eevee looked very uncomfortable being pulled, prodded, and poked between the two and was just about ready to blow.

Zia could tell he was about to use a move and quickly ran towards them. "Rei, stop!" She shouted, snatching up the annoyed Eevee as he bit her on the arm, meaning it for one of the two children. Zia winced at his sharp teeth, but didn't release a sound. It wasn't Rei's fault.

The shiny Eevee immediately looked guilty when he saw it was his trainer and licked the spot he bit, trying to soothe the pain. "Sorry..." he muttered sadly in her arms. Zia sighed and pet his head. "It's fine, I'm fine. No reason to apologize." She assured before turning to the kids.

One was a little girl with red pigtails. She had a yellow dress on with a red tie. The other was a boy, the same age probably. He had wild, spiky black hair, a red shirt with a striped one underneath, and green shorts.

"I'm sorry, but this Eevee is mine." She told them. "Aww! We thought it was a wild Eevee. It's so cool, too. It's a weird color." The boy muttered, both pouting sadly. "Zackie, Lizzy! You should be in class. What are you doing out here?" A woman called.

They all looked over to see a woman with short purple hair in a blue dress and black jacket. She was running out of what Zia guessed was a school building, by her use of the word 'class'.

"I was just trying to catch an Eevee!" Lizzy, the little girl, told her. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope my students haven't caused a problem." The lady said, looking at Zia. "It's fine. They didn't know any better." She waved it off.

"If that's your Eevee, you must be a Pokémon trainer?" Zackie, the little boy, questioned her. "Mmhmm." Zia responded, nodding her head. "Oh boy!" Lizzy shouted. "Wow, we know all about Pokémon training, 'cause we're gonna be trainers when we graduate from the Pokémon Academy." The boy declared firmly.

Zia tilted her head. "The Pokémon Academy?" She asked. Maybe it was like that school she ran across at the start of her journey in Kanto. "Yes, the Pokémon Academy is a special school where I teach very young children who want to be Pokémon trainers all about Pokémon and how to train them and how to take care of them. By the way, my name is Miss Priscilla." The woman introduced.

"I'm Zia, and these are my Pokémon. Sky, a Luxray, Emmy, a shiny Serperior, and Rei, my shiny Eevee. We are looking for the Violet Gym" Zia replied, gesturing to each one respectively. "If that's the case, you must be an experienced trainer. Please come inside for a bit and I'll show you to the gym afterwards." Priscilla offered.

The younger thought for a moment before nodding. They were then led inside and were greeted by a rather interesting man. "I welcome you all to the Pokémon Academy!" A man exclaimed. He had on a tight purple spandex with a beige sash. He also had a mustache.