Chapter 2.38: Desert Dilemma

On their way to Olivine City, Zia, Sky, and Emmy first have to cross a dry and barren desert.

"There's nothing but sand and rocks around here." Sky observed, seeing the vast desert in front of them. "Are you sure we went the right way?" Emmy asked Zia, who was looking at the map again.

"Well, it says Olivine City should be on the other side of this desert. It even says there's a Pokémon Center nearby." She told them as they began their trek through the dry area. However, the ground beneath their feet suddenly opened up, making them fall into a hole.

Two nets came in and swiped Sky and Emmy up, bringing them back out of the hole. "Surprise, twerpette, it's us." Jesse said as they revealed themselves on top of a rock, having had a cloth over them to camouflage themselves.

"And we came prepared this time with our electricity and grass-proof nets!" James added proudly. "Why don't you get a hobby?" Zia groaned from inside the hole. "Because this is our hobby!" Jesse exclaimed. "That's actually sad." The Champion stated seriously.

"You looking for trouble, kid?" The redhead asked, getting angry. "We're prepared to make it double." James threatened. "And... I'm cutting this short." Meowth stopped their impending motto.

Zia managed to climb up the side of the hole and pull herself out onto the ground. "Give back my Pokémon or else." She warned them. "Or else what? Or else we'll jump into our balloon like so. And you wouldn't do nothing about it." Meowth turned the words around as they jumped into their air balloon that floated up behind them.

"You really think I'd just stand here? Are you serious?" Zia asked them, bewildered by that statement. "Oh ho ho, but we are serious. Weezing, go!" James laughed out. "Smokescreen."

"Stop it, Cyra." Zia sent out her Quilava. Cyra immediately leapt into the air, landing on the Weezing's face, stopping it from using smokescreen. "Now use flamethrower." She continued.

The flames erupted on Cyra's neck and tail and the Weezing panicked, trying to swing her off. The sudden amount of movement threw her off as she landed back on the ground. "Are you okay?" Zia ran over to her as the Quilava got up, a few scrapes here and there from the fall.

"My nose hurts." She whined, and Zia could see the large red bump on her nose. "It's Quilava, the red-nosed Pokémon!" Meowth exclaimed as he, Jesse, and James began to hysterically laugh. "Oh, look at me, I'm a Quilava!" Jesse mocked as she put on a fake red nose.

Cyra looked down, embarrassed, a pink tint to her face. "Shut it, you three! You all look and smell like you crawled out of a dumpster!" Zia shouted at them, annoyed. "Hey, that's uncalled for!" Jesse screeched, knowing that they actually had scavenged through a trash can before to find food while tracking the twerpette.

Zia wasn't sympathetic, they brought their situation upon themselves when they started to follow her. "Weezing, sludge." James attacked as his Pokémon shot a thick, disgusting goop at Zia and Cyra.

Cyra was still looking down at the ground. "Look out." Zia said as she jumped in front of the Quilava, shielding her as the sludge hit her back. "Zia!" Sky and Emmy yelled worriedly.

"Come on, Cyra. Don't let those buckets of rocks bring you down." The girl told her Quilava. Cyra gazed at her for a moment before nodding, the flames on her neck and tail flaring up even more as she got ready to fight again.

"I think it's mad." Meowth commented. "No worries, we'll just give it a little dose of smokescreen from Weezing." James said as the Weezing spat out a thick smoke. "Give them a flamethrower." Zia ordered.

The Quilava jumped into the air as she released the column of fire from her mouth. The flamethrower went into the smokescreen as the smoke began to glow red from the inside out. The mixture of the two moves caused a giant explosion that sent Team Rocket blasting off into the distance, consequently dropping Sky and Emmy.