Chapter 2.7: Sonrisa Sonrisa

"I'm dying!" Emmy cried dramatically as she flopped onto the ground.

The other two stopped and sighed. "You are not dying, Emmy. Calm down." Zia told her. "But I am! I'm so thirsty and we don't have any water left." The Serperior whined, not even attempting to get up.

"I hate to agree, but I'm parched as well." Sky stated. "We're not far from the next city. It's called Bloomingvale." Zia told them, checking the map as Emmy suddenly perked up.

"I sense water." She mumbled, looking around before spotting the source. "Ahah! My beloved water, come to me!" She exclaimed, slithering over to a leaking water pipe on the ground.

However, a girl with green hair in two ponytails walked over and tightened the pipe with a wrench. She wore a light blue shirt and orange pants with an apron over it and a sun hat. The Serperior cried in despair as she flopped onto the ground, startling the older girl.

"I'm sorry for my Pokémon. We just ran out of water to drink and she's being dramatic." Zia apologized as she and Sky walked over. "It's alright. You can get some if you need water." The other replied sweetly.

Disconnecting the pipe, Zia was able to fill her canteen. "Thank you very much. I'm Zia, by the way. These two are my partners, Sky and Emmy." Zia introduced. "No problem. My name's Sonrisa, nice to meet you." The older said back with a friendly smile, putting the pipe back together.

"It's really nice around here." Zia complimented as Sonrisa walked them through Bloomingvale. "Yeah, it's almost sunny here every day. It's perfect for raising my favorite Pokémon." The older replied as they arrived at her house. Next to it was a decently sized greenhouse.

Sonrisa opened a panel in the ground and turned the valve connected to a pipe. Sprinklers scattered throughout the yard went off as water hydrated the grass around them. "You have your own water system?" Zia asked her. "Mmhmm, it brings pure water down from the mountains. Okay, time for your daily sprinkle!" The green haired girl shouted the last part out.

The door to the greenhouse opened as three Pokémon came outside. They looked exactly like sunflowers, just walking and with a face. Though, they're eyes seemed to be permanently closed. Two of them were joyously dancing around the sprinklers as the third sulked a little ways away.

Sunflora: The Sun Pokémon
It converts sunlight into energy. In the darkness after sunset, it closes its petals and becomes still.

"Bloomingvale is famous for our Sunflora. There's tons here." Sonrisa said as they watched them. "I guess all of that mountain water keeps them happy." Zia stated more than asked. "Pure water makes the Sunflora happy. And they have to be happy or they don't have a chance at the Sunflora Festival." The older said passingly.

Zia looked up at her, a curious look in her eyes. "It's a big celebration they have here every year. And every year they have a competition to see who has the best Sunflora." Sonrisa explained to her, seeing the look.

"Serperior. Ser Ser." Emmy suddenly called, making both girls turn to her. Though, she was mostly trying to get Sonrisa's attention, as far as Zia could tell, because she hadn't actually really said anything. The Serperior slithered over to the sad Sunflora, gazing as it questioningly.

"Oh, that's my prized Sunflora. The one I was planning to enter in the competition tomorrow. But lately, it's been so sad." The older replied, giving a worried expression towards the depressed Pokémon.

Zia thought for a moment before smiling, "We can try to cheer it up for you. You helped us when we needed help, it's only right to return the favor and try to make your Sunflora smile again." She could never turn down a Pokémon in need.