Chapter 2.32: Family Photo

"Looks like it's going to rain soon." Zia commented as she noticed how dark the sky was getting. "Yeah, we should probably get some shelter soon or find a nearby Pokémon Center." Emmy suggested.

"Wait, do you hear that?" Sky asked as they all listened, hearing something like camera shutters. They followed the sound to a nearby bush. They peaked over, seeing a familiar figure photographing two Bellossom.

Zia gasped, "Todd?" The mentioned startled and looked over at them with his camera, snapping a few pictures. "That was great, wait till you see your all's expressions." He laughed.

"It's been so long! It's great to see you again." Zia said as she walked up to him. "It's great seeing you three as well. But, uh, where's that KC guy? You two seemed pretty close." Todd asked, seeing he was missing.

"Oh, a lot's happened since we last saw each other. After I won the Indigo League, KC and I started dating. And then after I became Champion after defeating Lance, I went with him on a training session up in the mountains while KC went to study to be a Pokémon breeder. He's still studying, and I've decided to take on the Johto League, so I came on my own. Just me and my Pokémon." Zia explained to him, the short version at least.

Todd stared at her in shock for a few moments. "Wow." Is all he said at last. Zia chuckled at his face, taking his camera and snapping a picture real quick before giving it back to him. "That was great. Wait till you see your expression." She teased him back.

That made him break from his trance, laughing. "Still Zia. I'm glad." He smiled. "Anyways, still taking pictures, I see." Zia observed, gesturing to his camera. "You bet, check these out." Todd said as he took out a photo album, showing her some shots.

"Isn't this Bellsprout cute? And look at the sad expression on that Gloom's face. That Weepinbell really cracks me up. And look at this happy little Hoppip I found." He pointed out different pictures. "They're amazing. You do have quite a bit of talent. It also looks like you're focusing on grass Pokémon." Zia noticed.

"Yup. I bet I have one of the most complete collections of candid grass Pokémon pictures in the whole world. But what I really want in my album is a shot of an Articuno." Todd told her excitedly. "Articuno?" Zia asked as she looked it up.

Articuno: The Freeze Pokémon
A legendary bird Pokémon. It freezes water that is contained in winter air and makes it snow.

"I wonder if it's actually real." Zia mumbled. "It is. Yesterday, a kid told me that some people in the village nearby said they saw an Articuno." Todd told her. "Really? Why don't we go see if we can spot one then?" Zia questioned, thinking it'd be fun.

She suddenly noticed Sky shaking her head beside her. "What's wrong?" She asked worriedly. "Nothing, some snow landed on my nose and I was trying to get it... off. Guys, what's that?" The Luxray gestured up in the sky where a dark object was falling down, a light blue trail of light behind it.

"A meteor?" Emmy muttered. "Maybe it's the Articuno. I have to get a shot of this." Todd said as he held up his camera. "Todd, look out!" Zia shouted and tackled him, pushing him away from the object that crashed right where he was standing.

"That was too close a call." Sky breathed out heavily. "Maybe it really was a meteor." Emmy said in awe. "It's too small to be a meteor and it definitely wasn't an Articuno." Zia stated as the dust cleared, showing a Pokémon that looked to be encased in ice.

Sunkern: The Seed Pokémon
It lives by drinking only dewdrops from under the leaves of plants. It is said that it eats nothing else.

"Poor thing, what happened to it? We've got to help it, and fast." Zia said as she hurriedly wrapped it in a blanket from her bag, picking it up into her arms. "I just passed a lodge. We could take it there." The photographer offered as he led the way.