Chapter 2.19: Hyper Forest

"This seems like a decent place to rest." Zia states as they stop next to a lake. There was no shrubbery, besides the forest behind them, around except for a singular tree.

"Everyone, come on out." She added and released her Dratini, Eevee, Chikorita, Gligar, Mareep, Quilava, Houndour, Croconaw, and Misdreavus. Zia laid out some Pokémon food for them before going to sit under the shade of the tree.

Some went for a swim, others drank the fresh water, and a few played. However, the peace was ruined by a loud boom that made everyone look up. Something flew into the air above them before it expanded, revealing itself to be a giant net.

It fell over all 11 of Zia's Pokémon, only leaving her as she was away from all of them. A rope connecting to the net rose out of the water as Team Rocket's Meowth air balloon rose into the air from the forest on the other side of the lake.

"Prepare for trouble, it's our greatest plan yet." Jesse started their motto. "Make it double, all it took was a net." James backed her up. "To protect the world from devastation." "To protect all peoples within our nation." "To denounce the evils of truth and love." "To extend our reach to the stars above." "Jesse." "James." "Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light." "Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight, fight." "Meowth, that's right!" Meowth jumped in at the end as always.

Jesse and James obviously wanted to roll with the fishing net theme as they were dressed as fishermen, only to throw the disguise away when they were done with the regular routine speech. Zia thought it was a waste, really.

"You took an awful chance letting out all your Pokémon at once." Jesse mocked her. "But it was a wonderful chance for us." James exclaimed. "And now that we got all your Pokémon, we get the chance to say goodbye." Meowth said as they all laughed in glee.

"Get back here, you little goons! You're not getting away with my Pokémon!" Zia yelled up at them, and seeing as the net was being pulled up into the air by the balloon, Zia was prepared to reveal her abilities in order to save them.

The trio just stuck out their tongues at her, not threatened. Letting their guard down proved to be a mistake, though, when a hyper beam shot out of the forest, hitting the balloon. The net full of Zia's Pokémon fell back to the ground, as did Team Rocket.

"Huh? Who shot us down?" Meowth asked the question they were all thinking. Loud footfalls were heard as multiple large figures appeared out from the tree line. They were bipedal brown bear-like creatures with a large golden ring on their stomachs.

Ursaring: The Hibernator Pokémon
Although it is a good climber, it prefers to snap trees with its forelegs and eat fallen berries.

The group of Ursaring began charging another round of hyper beams. "Oh no." Zia muttered at the hyper beam struck the ground in front of them, causing strong winds to begin and dust the arise. "Everyone, return!" She shouted as everyone of her Pokémon went back inside the pokeballs except for Sky and Emmy. "Let's go." She told them as they ran off into the forest, Team Rocket close behind.

The Ursaring gave chase and continued letting off hyper beams that flew over the three trainers and 3 Pokémon's heads.

~~~

Later, after running away from the normal-types, the group finally seemed to get a break. "I think they've finally stopped. Are you alright? Emmy, Sky?" Zia panted for air as she turned around, only to gasp in shock.

Instead of her two partners, standing in front of her was Jesse. "You're not James and Meowth!" Jesse screeched. "And you aren't Sky or Emmy!" Zia shot back.