8 [e]

"Right and then I asked him out but he turned me down!" Yeosang nearly yelled and then broke out into laughter. Him and Jongho have been talking for almost 4 hours and the younger noticed we've both been getting more comfortable with each other. The way Yeosang was just laughing with little sparkles present in his eyes, while talking about all the fun he had with Wooyoung or his other friends seemed so amazing to the younger. It was such a foreign sounding concept to Jongho even though he knew all those people from Wooyoung's stories and he was even friends with some of them. Regardless of all of that, he was always left out because of his age or because he simply wasn't the right person for a group of popular kids to hang out with. 

"How long have we been talking for..?" Jongho suddenly asked, turning around to look at the door of his room. He could swear he heard the stairs creak but it maybe it was just his imagination. 

"Four hours unless I'm tripping." Yeosang responded, awkwardly scratching his head. "Hey Jongho, have you thought-"

"Jongho? Who are you talking to?"

The mentioned boy turned around, literally mortified, to see his mom standing in the doorway, looking more confused than ever. He then looked back at Yeosang, who widened his eyes in surprise. He looked weirdly funny but the younger knew he had to keep calm in order not to worsen his situation even more. If he acted weird his mom would worry and that definitely wouldn't be good. 

"Sangie... I think I'm gonna go. I'll text you later, ok?" Jongho spoke to the other boy again and then ended the call before he could say anything.

"So was that your boyfriend? Not gonna lie, I thought you wouldn't end up like that." Jongho's  mother shook her head in disapproval but also something that her son took as disappointment.

He didn't know how to react if he had to be honest. Jongho knew he wasn't romantically involved with Yeosang but the real question was how did his mother come to that conclusion? He hasn't even gotten around to telling her about his new friend yet and she already thought they were dating. 

"Mom, he is not my boyfriend. He's just a guy I met online... Sort of. Remember that guy Wooyoung always spent his time with if he wasn't with me?" The woman nodded and then let her son continue. "Yeah, that's him." Jongho quickly explained, hoping his mother would just reply with something along the lines of „ok i trust you" but instead she started walking towards him with her phone in her hand. When she got close enough, she showed her son the screen with the internet browser open. That's when Jongho realized what his mother was showing him; it was an article on some kind of gossip site that he usually couldn't care less about. Both of his parents would often send these types of articles to him so it didn't shock him at all until he read the title. 

"Kang Yeosang collabed with another youtuber; is there more to it than simple work related stuff?" Jongho read out loud and made a confused expression.

"Continue" my mom told me, handing me the phone. I just took a deep breath and continued reading.

"Kang Yeosang is a YouTube vlogger who is known for never collabing with anyone unless he's really good friends with them. And in the past few days, he posted a cover of "Baby Don't Stop" by NCT with a relatively small youtuber called Choi Jongho." The mentioned boy looked up at his mom in disbelief but immediately got back to reading, probably due to curiosity more than anything else. "The fans immediately questioned the song choice and started asking if there's something more between them and if the collab wasn't just a random video, especially after they noticed how both of them seemed to be really into what they were singing."

Jongho read the rest of the article and looked at his mom again. He really wasn't believing his eyes. Realistically, not a lot of people would believe this article since neither the reporter or the website were that respected but he couldn't risk anything bad happening.