❀Yours, Mine & Ours | 4❀

HYEMIN
"Mommy, why you walking back and forth?" Soyeon wondered, playing with the ends of her hair.

Hyemin wiped her face with her hands and smiled at her daughter.

"Mommy's kind of thinking, Yeonie," Hyemin bent down to Soyeon's height. "Why don't you go in the playroom and play with your sisters, huh?"

Hyemin petted Soyeon's hair as the child nodded eagerly and bounced to the room across the hall. Hyemin stood up and entered her room where Hyuna placed another outfit on the bed.

Hyuna turned to her younger sister. "So, ready to get started?"

Hyemin was suddenly overwhelmed by all the choices she had. She let out a deep breath and picked up the first dress.

YOONGI
"Dad, are you okay?" The eldest son asked his father. The latter sat on the couch with his heads in his hands.

Yoongi looked up and smiled lightly. "Yeah, I'm fine, son."

Jin took the cue to leave. He kissed Yoongi's forehead and walked to Jungkook's room where the rest of the boys were playing.

Yoongi smiled a toothless smile and ruffled his messy hair.

Earlier that morning, the single father told Kihyun to come over and help him get ready. Kihyun came over in minutes and was currently in Yoongi's closet, deciding an outfit.

"Kihyun?" Yoongi called, sitting up in his seat.

"Yeah?" He heard his friend respond.

"Have you found anything?"

A moment of silence went by until Yoongi heard a pair of feet hitting the floor repeatedly as Kihyun ran outside of the bedroom.

"I've got two ready! Come see!" Kihyun eagerly gestured Yoongi to hurry. He dashed up the stairs and followed Kihyun into his room.

"Okay, so, I've got this blue and white striped shirt with a flower flannel to put over it, along black jeans, black cap and black Converse. Or! I picked a black Yankees jersey, pants, blue snapback and shoes." Kihyun rhythmically held the two hangers with a smirk.

Yoongi gazed back and forth between the two outfits.

"I like this one."

HYEMIN
It was almost 6 o'clock and Hyemin had the last outfit to try on. For a total of two hours, the single parent was forced to try on every single piece of clothing and give her opinion.

"I like this one." Hyemin told as she turned to look at herself in the mirror.

Hyuna nodded in approval and grinned. "Finally. You don't know how mad I'll be if you didn't like any of it."

Hyemin had chosen a plain black dress that stopped right above her knees and a denim jacket.

"How do I look?" Hyemin spun around in front of Hyuna.

"Even more beautiful than Cinderella herself." Hyuna gushed.

"I do feel more beautiful. Just an hour ago, I felt like the old hag in rags, but now, I feel like a princess."

"Queen." Hyuna corrected. "You look like a queen."

Suddenly, multiple footsteps came running into the room. Miyeon held Soojin in her arms as she and her sisters screamed and jumped on Hyemin's bed.

"Woah, woah, woah! What's going on?"

Minnie blew a strand of hair out of her face and sat up. "There's a scary man outside!"

Hyemin and Hyuna's face paled. The two sisters reminisced back to the time someone broke into their house.

"I'll put the girls in the closet. Grab something to hit him with." Hyemin ordered. Hyuna nodded and gathered the girls into Hyemin's walk-in closet and moved some big objects to hide their bodies.

Hyemin darted out of the room and opened the hallway closet. She picked up the bat and headed for the front door. Hyuna carefully descended down the stairs with a broom in hand.

"One, two, three!" Hyemin yanked the door open and closed her eyes, swinging the bat left and right. A hand abruptly stopped the object.

"It's okay! It's me." A deep voice said. Hyemin opened her eyes with caution.

"Yoongi?" Hyemin asked. Yoongi softly smiled at her and put down the bat.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" He carefully approached her. Hyemin sighed and nodded her head.

"Um, yeah, yeah, I'm alright! My daugh-- sister told me someone was at the door." Hyemin pointed behind her and fiddled with her earlobe due to feeling nervous.

Yoongi chuckled. "Ahh, I see. Well, I'm Min Yoongi. I recently began working at BigHit Entertainment."

He shook hands with Hyuna once she set aside the broom.

"Oh, I know, kid. No need to explain! I'm Hyuna, her sister. Come inside!" Hyuna laid a hand on Yoongi's shoulder and led him inside the house, despite Hyemin's denies.

"You know, Hyemin talks much about you and may I say, very lovingly," Hyuna sat him on the couch. "Would you like a drink or something to eat before you guys go?"

"Nana, that's why we're going out." Hyemin walked behind Yoongi and gestured to stop talking. Hyuna seemed to understand as she held up an 'okay' sign.

"Well, sorry for that, Yoongi. I'll just let you leave then." Hyuna awkwardly apologized and walked the two back to the door.

"Thank you for letting me stay for. . . 30 seconds." Yoongi told, making all of them laugh. Hyemin grabbed her purse off the rack and opened the door.

"And don't worry, sis, I'll take good care of the girls." Hyemin sharply spun around with wide eyes. Hyuna stared at her cluelessly.

"The girls?" Yoongi questioned, pausing in his tracks.

"No! I mean, yeah, the dogs. We have dogs!" Hyemin bluffed. Hyuna continued to gaze at her sister.

"No, you have daugh--"

"I'll meet you by the car, okay?" Yoongi nodded and walked to his vehicle, throwing the keys in the air and catching them in his hand.

Hyemin scowled at her older sister. "I didn't tell him I have kids yet!" She whispered harshly.

Hyuna's eyes widened. "Girl, that's the first thing you're supposed to tell a man about. What're you doing, stalling?"

"Well, it seems kind of weird and unusual for a single parent to have more than three kids let alone six daughters!" Hyemin exclaimed.

"Look, stop talking to me and get in that car. I'll take good care of the. . . dogs." Hyuna rolled her eyes.

~~~

y'all just reached 102k reads on this book! congratulations! 🤩💐