< 8 >

Excuse any errors

Charisma J.

I pulled up to Kai's house, and killed the engine. She wasn't here so I just sent her a quick text telling her I was outside.

Eventually she pulled up, and I got out.

"Hey bestie" I smiled at her.

"Hey girl" She said, glancing at me before unlocking her door.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking in.

"Yeah, I'm good" She nodded, she would not make eye contact with me.

"Um, why won't you look at me then?" I asked, a little confused.

She looked at me. "Girl it's nothing, I just had quite a day at work and I'm a lil irritated, I'm sorry"

"Oh it's okay, I know what that's like" I chuckled, as we took a seat on their couch

"How was your day though?" She asked.

"I mean, it was good, just did a little shopping for things around the house" I shrugged.

"Oh okay" She nodded. "Are you and Kameron a thing?" She asked.

"Um, he's just my friend" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay" She nodded. She looked away and went to tidy something that was already neat.

"That was random, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I was just wondering" She nodded.

"Okay" I said, rubbing my belly, I think I did that a lot because it was like a comfort to me.

"You want something? I think I'm just gonna order some pizza" She asked.

"Just some wings" I shrugged.

I watched as she checked her phone, and her eyes widened.

"What happened Kai?" I said, starting to get anxious.

"N-nothing, Chris is back"

"You want me to get the door?" I asked.

"No, I got it" She hurried past me and went to open the door. Whatever was going on, was starting to stress me out, so I went to the bathroom.

~*~

After I relieved myself, I washed my hands before stepping out the bathroom.

Chris and Kai where mumbling something among themselves, and I just looked at them.

"Are y'all okay? Cause y'all acting weird?" I said, folding my arms.

"No, it's fine, we're just slightly stressed" Kai shrugged, and Chris nodded.

"Okay, well I'm just gonna go home, y'all should get some rest" I said, going to grab my purse.

"Wait, Charisma" Chris said.

"What Chris?" I asked. I knew something was going on, cause he never calls me my name.

"We have something to show you, and you have to promise you won't panic, for the baby's sake" Kai said, touching my stomach.

"You're freaking me out, please just tell me" I said, I nervously played with my fingers.

"I'll be right back" Chris said, going into a room in the back.

"Kai y'all bet not have got something stupid" I said side-eyeing her.