< 20 >

Omniscient
5 months later

"August what do you think of this one?" Charisma pointed to a Paw Patrol cake.

"I think it's coo' ma" August shrugged

"August" Charisma whined.

"Yeah baybeh" August sighed.

"Give me better feedback, I want both of us to be satisfied with their birthday" Charisma huffed.

Anthony and Aiden were turning 1 in a few weeks, and Charisma was very excited to plan their 1st birthday.

"Why you so stressed ova all of this? Ain't like they gone remember it" August said.

And he already knew he asked the wrong question.

"August It's our sons' first birthday. It's not about whether they remember it. I've been waiting for this for a long time" Charisma rolled her eyes.

"Have y'all came to a decision yet, or need more time?" The baker smiled, sensing the slight tension between the couple.

"Um, I think I'll come back another time. There's so many to choose from" Charisma gave her a small smile, and walked out the bakery.

August huffed as he followed her out the bakery. He knew Charisma was excited over it, and truthfully he was too, he just didn't want to spend a whole day looking at cakes.

"Charisma quit walkin' so damn fast" August said, finally catching up to her

"August you can go home if you don't want to help out" She snapped.

"Aye you gone chill with allat attitude" August said, grabbing her arm.

"August, please let me go" She sighed.

"What's been up witchu,you been so emotional lately" August asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine" She said.

August could tell when she was lying because her voice would pitch slightly and she wouldn't look him in the eyes.

"Ight man, I know when you ready you gone tell me" August said, grabbing her hand.