𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔

"So...do you like me back too?"

"No," the shimmer fell from his eyes. "How could anyone love you? You're just some other extra trying to get with me because of my quirk!"

"W-what...? No! I would never use you for your quirk! Sure it's great and all but it doesn't define you! I'm not one of those people that just uses you for money," the boy took a deep breath. "do you know what demisexual means?" He asked.

"Why should I care?"

"It means that I can't be attracted to anyone just by looking at them, or their quirk, or how much money they have. I love people for their personality. And...that's why I love...you."

"Kirishima...I," the boy stuttered. "I can't. I- I won't." Then he ran away.

The black haired male reached his hand out, but just grazed the other's. "Bakugou! Wait!"

I should have waited. But instead...

He ran.

Ran his sorry little ass home.

He didn't know how to feel. He'd known Kirishima for quite some time now. All the joy in his life, anything that made him feel good. It was all Kirishima. And now he was gone.

But not for long you idiot.

Over the rest of the summer, Bakugou ignored Kirishima and even avoided him whenever possible. Of course there were moments when they had to work together, and Bakugou never met his gaze when Kirishima tried talking to him. But Kiri tried to show that it didn't bother him, so that the people at the fair would have a good time.

And every once in a while Kirishima would go up to Bakugou and tell him a joke. Bakugou used to at least acknowledge him and mess up his hair...but previous events have ruined that. So now it was always "Tch" or "shut up." It hurt Bakugou more than both of them knew it.

Bakugou wanted so badly to hug him and apologize...but he couldn't break his ego. Not after he's built it all up to be #1.

And as for Kirishima...well he got worse and worse. He was diagnosed with depression at a young age, and Bakugou gave him joy. Vice versa with Bakugou as well. They were the light in each other's lives.

But Kirishima knew that no matter what, Bakugou would never take him back. During the summer before high school started, he decided to change. If he wanted to be a hero he couldn't mope around and be sad, he had to be like All Might! A smile on his face no matter what, and he took his favorite color and dyed his hair too.

A whole new Kiri had been born that summer, and he hadn't planned on going back.

Anyways, we're not done with Bakugou just yet. He got angrier and angrier, to the point where his mom was even scared. He ridiculed himself on the daily over bad decisions, and eventually broke down.

He cried for a few hours, then thought. Thought pong and hard about everything that happened during this one summer. He finally came to the conclusion that what he said that one summer day was a mistake. Kirishima was the only person important to him, and Bakugou ruined any chances of ever speaking to him again. Nevertheless, the feisty boy was too persistent and in love to give up. He'd show Kirishima just how important he is to him. That is, in his own special way of course...

-

(A/N) sorry that it's so short and rushed, it's just a quick lil' background of what happened, and stuff. Anyways, this hopefully will start building up a bit quicker!