Chapter 2

Hestia POV

"(y/n) I'm home." I said, "(y/n)?" I said as I looked around and saw (y/n) unconscious on the floor, "(Y/N)!" I shouted as I ran over to him, "(Y/N) SWEETIE GET UP!" I said worriedly, "Mommy?" (y/n) said weakly, "Sweetie are you alright?!" I asked, "Yeah, I guess I was just hungrier than I thought." He said, "Sweetie when's the last time you ate?!" I asked, "What day is it?" He asked, "Thursday sweetie." I said, "Then last week." He said, "Honey let's go get some dinner." I said sweetly.

"You don't know how worried I was about you." I said as we sat down at our table for dinner, "I'm sorry." (y/n) said, "It's alright, but don't do it again! If you're hungry tell me ok." I said, "Yes Mommy." He said, "And another thing, it's adorable that you started calling me Mommy." I said, "S...So you're not mad." He said, "No why would I? I like how close you're trying to get with me, it makes me feel like I'm your real mother." I said making him smile.

"So (y/n) I need to talk to you about the dungeon." I said as we ate, "I'll be blunt I don't want you to go anywhere near it." I said, "But why Mommy?!" He asked, "Because you are a kid, maybe just maybe I'll let you go with Bell to floor one some time, but even then you won't go very far in." I said, "But Mommy how will I be able to help support the familia?!" He asked, "(y/n) you are too young, I don't want to see you get hurt or worse." I said as I took a bite of my food, "Yes Mommy." He said softly, "I know you don't  think it's fair, but I'm your goddess and you are my (y/n) so please just have a bit of faith in me alright." I said.

(y/n) POV

"Hey there, you were with Hestia last night weren't you?" A woman with an eye patch asked, "Yeah, she's my mommy." I said, "Oh so you're in her familia then." She said, "Yeah." I said, "I'm Hephaestus I'm a good friend of Hestia's." She said, "Wait isn't your familia the one that makes all the cool weapons and armor?!" I asked excitedly, "Yep." She said, "W...Would you please teach me how to make swords?!" I asked, "Now why would you want to do that?" She asked, "Well Mommy won't let me go to the dungeon, and no one will let me work so I thought If I could learn to make weapons then I could make some money and help Bell." I said, "What if I told you that it won't be easy. Most members of my familia take years even decades to harness their craft." She said, "I don't care! I just need to learn the basics and I'll do the rest on my own." I said, "I like your style kid what's your name?" She asked, "It's (y/n)!" I said, "Well then (y/n) tomorrow meet me outside of Babel." She said as she walked away, "I...I will thank you!" I said.

The next morning I met Hephaestus outside Babel where she took me out to one of her forges. "You can have this forge and all the tools here." Hephaestus said, "I...I can't!" I said, "Relax it's a gift to my young apprentice." She said, "Now let's get started, I am a firm believer in learning by doing, so that's why you will forge a knife to start." She said.

"Hit it harder (y/n) if you break it then that's fine. You can always use the material to forge another blade." Hephaestus said, "S...Sorry." I said as I reheated the blade.

After several grueling hours of hard work, I was finally finished. "Ok let's see it." Hephaestus said, I nodded and handed her the knife.

" Hephaestus said, I nodded and handed her the knife

"Hmm, not bad, but not good either. It's dull and it can't cut anything, but that's not what this was about so I guess you pass this time." She said, "Tomorrow I'll teach you how to sharpen and clean the blade." She said, "Can I take this home and show Mommy and Bell?" I asked as she handed back my knife, "Sure just bring it back tomorrow." She said, "Now head home, oh and (y/n) good work today." She said making me smile as I began to walk home.

"(Y/N) WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Mommy shouted, "I was training." I said, "Training? I thought I was clear about you going to the dungeon." She said, "Not that kind of training Mommy. Lady Hephaestus is training me to forge weapons and armor. Hopefully, I can sell someone day and I could even help Bell with new gear." I said as I showed her my knife, "Did you make this?" She asked, "Yeah." I said.