Chapter 8

(y/n) POV

It's been almost a week since Mommy and the others went into the dungeon. I was kinda forced to stay with Lady Freya after she found me with Lady Hephaestus. She said that since she was my mother that I should be with her, so for the past four days I've been locked in the top of Babel and forced to listen to lady Freya try to convince me to join her familia. I'll admit that it was tempting. She offered me a forge with all the materials I could ever want, brand new tools, and I'd even be able to forge far more efficiently and use better materials. "I'm leaving! I've been here for days! I'm a kid with far too much energy, if I don't leave now then I can't be held responsible for what I'll do." I said, "Darling no one was forcing you to stay inside. You just had to call me mommy and tell me where you're going." Lady Freya said, "Ok I'm gonna go to the guild and see if Mommy is back yet." I said as I walked away.

When I got to the guild there was a large crowd at the door. It didn't take me long to figure out why. "We're home...(y/n)." Mommy said, "MOMMY!" I cried as I ran over to her and hugged her. "I missed you so much, Mommy!" I cried, "I missed you too sweetie, oh and I kinda broke the sword you loaned me. Sorry." She said, "I don't care. It's just a word I can make another one, but I could never replace you or Bell." I said.

"So did anything exciting happen while we were gone?" Bell asked, "Well I almost died after I got stabbed outside the Freya familia mansion." I said, "WHAT?!" Mommy and Bell shouted, "Are you alright?! Please don't tell me that they got away with this!" Mommy said as she looked for my wound, "Well actually he did, but thanks to lady Freya I survived...which leads me to the next bit of news. Apparently lady Freya is my mother." I said, "What?! Really, (y/n) that's incredible!" Bell said, "Not really, most Gods and Goddesses started having children of their own after we sealed away our divinity." Mommy said, "I'm also a demigod." I said, "Like I said you're just a perfectly normal sweet little demigod...WAIT WHAT!" She said in shock, "Speaking of demigods, I'm here to collect one for lady Freya." A man said, "Hermes!" Mommy said as she pulled me behind her, "Sorry Hestia, but we both know that when Freya wants something, or in this case someone, she will get it. Now I can assure you that he's only going there to talk and I will bring him right back." Lord Hermes said, "Mommy I don't wanna go. Please don't make me go." I said as I clung to her, "Sorry sweetie I don't think I can just let you ignore this one. Normally I'd have you skip it on principle alone, but not this time sweetie." Mommy said.

"(y/n) darling, I'm glad you made it." Lady Freya said, "I wanna go home." I said, "And you can after you hear what I have to say." She said, "I have claimed you." She said, "Ok and what does that mean?" I asked, "It means that I am responsible for you. As your mother, it only felt right that I should be the one who looks out for you, so naturally, I claimed you." She said, "I'm not leaving my familia." I said, "Oh sweetie you don't have to, just know that I am the one who will always be looking out for you. No. Matter. What." She said.

"So what did Goddess Freya have to say?" Bell asked, "She claimed me, whatever that means." I said, "It means she claimed you as hers, it's kinda like how a parent claims their children. I tried to claim you, but she beat me to it sorry sweetie." Mommy said, "Well that doesn't matter cause I'm a part of the best familia ever!" I said as I hugged her.

A/N: This marks the end of DanMachi season 1... now moving on to season 2 so if you haven't seen the second season I suggest that you go watch it cause there will be spoilers.