Chapter 9

Hestia POV

Bell and I were attending the banquet of the Gods. For the first time ever we were allowed to bring one of our children along with us, I brought Bell for obvious reasons. I wished I could bring (y/n), but he's still a child and he needs his rest so coming here wouldn't be the best thing for him. Besides when we left he was still at his shop. "Hi, Mom." (y/n) said as he walked past me, "Hi sweetie." I said, "Wait, (Y/N)?!" I said as I grabbed him, "What are you doing here?! You're far too young to be here! Besides you have to be here with the God of your familia!" I whispered to him, "Well apparently being a demigod means that I'm forced to come to stuff like this. Plus Lady Freya made me come. She just showed up at the shop and made me get changed and then she brought me here." He said, "(y/n) darling what did I ask you to call me." Freya said, "No I will not call you that!" (y/n) said, "Oh come now darling calling me Mother or even Mommy won't kill you." Freya said, "That's what you think." (y/n) muttered.

(y/n) POV

"LADY FREYA I SAID NO!" I said as I ran away, "Oh come now darling just one dance. Just one dance with your mother won't kill you." She said, "How bad could it be, I mean it's just one dance." I said as I took her hand, "Such a good boy." She said as she lead me back into the ballroom. "On second thought darling why don't we just stay out here. It's such a lovely night, it would be such a waste not to enjoy it." She said, "But you were just so excited about me dancing with you?" I said, "I enjoy all the time I get to spend with you darling." She said as she picked me up. "Lady Freya may I ask you something?" I asked, "(y/n) my darling it's just the two of us, but yes you may ask me whatever you wish." She said, "M-Mother, w-why are you even interested in me all of the sudden or at all for that matter?" I said I was slightly embarrassed by calling her mother, "See darling I told you it wouldn't kill you. And to answer your question, at first because it for your skills, but as of late it's because of you. Normally I can charm anyone I want, but not you. For whatever reason whenever I try it always seems to backfire on me and I find myself more and more drawn to you." She said, "But why?! I'm no one, so why? Why do you even care?!" I asked, "Because I love you, darling. You are the first and only one of the children I have given birth to that I actually and truly care for." She said, "It's because I'm a demigod isn't it." I said sadly, "No, not at all. I loved you from the day you were born, and no matter what you may think of me giving you up was the absolute hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am your mother and I love you more than anything." She said as she kissed my forehead.

"Mom I'm home." I said as I entered the "house", "Where have you been?" Mom asked, "I was with Goddess Freya. I'm sorry I'm late." I said, "Alright, next time I want you to tell me if you're going to be late alright." She said.

The next morning I woke up earlier than usual, '(y/n) darling I'd like to talk with you more tomorrow morning. How about we meet at your shop so Hestia won't think anything of it.', "That's what Goddess Freya said anyway." I said as I rubbed the back of my head, suddenly there was a huge explosion. "THAT CAME FROM THE HOUSE!" I said as I ran back home.

"OH COME ON!" I said angrily as I looked at the rubble that used to be my home. "What should we do he's just a kid?" someone said from behind me, "You know it's times like this that I'm glad I broke my promise. I'm glad that I made more magic swords!" I said as I drew a small sword that could have easily been mistaken for a dagger and transformed it into a sword.

 I'm glad that I made more magic swords!" I said as I drew a small sword that could have easily been mistaken for a dagger and transformed it into a sword

"Now who's first? If you're lucky I MIGHT go easy on you and only break a few bones as opposed to dismembering you all." I said, "Oh and what are you going to do to us kid?" a man said, I pointed the blade at him and shot him with lightning. "Anyone else wanna get on my nerves or are you gonna leave?" I said as they all ran away.